Parts & Tools

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

Why won't my tablet won't switch on at all?

My tablet won't switch on. Yesterday it showed the Samsung logo and screen start up picture alternatively. I can't get it to come on.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Perhaps because your battery is dead.

Check your charger plug-in module with another USB device to see if it is still working.

If your plug-in is still working, check your cable for physical damage, such as a deep crimp in the insulation on the wire (which might indicate that a wire was broken inside), or a dinged-up male for the tablet.

There are 7 pins in the charger cable, buried down in the slots on that 30 pin connector, and the other 23 slots are empty. You might need a magifying glass and a bright light to see properly.

Even if you can't see any damage, a replacement cable is less than 5 bucks: buy a new one and see if it fixes your problem.

Remember if your battery is very discharged that it might take a while for the power-off battery logo to appear on the screen.

Amanda will be eternally grateful.