Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

Keyboard won't pop up

I only had my Kindle Fire HD for a matter of months before the keyboard stopped popping up. I click into a Search Bar (or something else that requires me to type) and... nothing. This obviously limits its function, so now it's pretty much just a dust collector. Any suggestions?

I was on my KF HD and when I went to aptoide my to update my Kik and my keyboard and my shyt stop popping up someone plzzz help me before I end up breaking my god dam kF

that happend to me too

This sucks someone help

Brandon, Same exact thing happened to me

It happened me too I have to use a japeniese keyboard ITS SOO FRICKIN ANNOYIN HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I BEG U

Most Helpful Answer

Install a new keyboard and then set that as ur default

cadddddddddddddddddddd

My kindle fire hd 7's keyboard won't pop up at all so now i can't even log into it. PLz help

Cant install anything Keyboard will not pop up

Ya know, I could do that but there is just one problemo...THE KEYBOARD WONT COME UP TO TYPE THAT

Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset to confirm.

Try going to Settings, find "Language & Input" or "Keyboard", and fiddle/test with the options. Sorry this doesn't help much, but I honestly don't remember how the settings menu was in "Fire OS." Hopefully that'll work though!

how can you do that when u cant even type in the password?

I tried fiddling with the keyboard settings, but since there is no keyboard the keyboard settings refuse to pop up.

I can't type my password in so how can I get in my table

Hi. Have you tried resetting the unit?

Resetting your Kindle Fire can solve intermittent problems. To reset your device:

Make sure your device is disconnected from any power source.

Press in the power switch and hold it there for 20 seconds.

The screen should turn off, once the screen is fully turned off press the power button in for 2 seconds and release. The device will turn back on and you will see the Kindle Fire loading screen.

This reset will not affect any books or content you have on the Kindle.

Will not work if the keyboard was removed all together. I'm not sure why the keyboard function is gone but still have the ability to log into the password screen to access the kindle HDX 3rd gen but it still works. if you guys need a solution an you already have aptoide on your kindle just search through the available apps shown for Flash Keyboard (no you dont have to type anything) download it (might take awhile ) install it and you're good to go if this doesnt work post and i'll try to give you another alternative.

Doesn't work im sry but plz if u can help plzzzzzzzzz

Can't reset when parantal control are on as need keyboard for password

how do you fix your kindle when the keyboard wont pop up

Take a hammer and throw it on your foot.

Then do approximately what I said in the first comment.

My kindle fire hd7's keyboard wont pop up! So now i cant log into my tablet! i think its becuase Emoji Keyboard - Emoticons(KK) was acting up and messing up my keybaord, So i deleted it and ever since that time i cant log in cuz my keyboard won't pop up. PLZZ HELP

Im going to take off the back and see if I can do anything, ill keep you guys posted

Should tell u how to fix on phone.In settings

Change your keyboard's language to a different language

This was the best suggestion. Changed keyboard from English US to English Canada, then rebooted Kindle Fire HD and keyboard reappeared!

Went to settings, language and keyboard, and changed the language from English (United States) to English (Canada) and so far my keyboard is now working perfectly. Go figure.

My kindlefire HD 7" keyboard won't pop up or the back

Very grateful: my keyboard on my fire wasn't popping up......install a keyboard from aptoide...

Now it works great...Very grateful

I have this problem too

Same thing here, except that I think I deleted the actual keyboard. Before I factory resetted my Kindle Fire HD,

I rooted it using KingRoot, and deleted a whole lot of "bloatware." I might've deleted the keyboard in the process.

I just factory reset it today, and now it is crap. I don't have a keyboard to connect to the Internet with. I don't have anything to copy and paste to search and download a keyboard from.

I even deleted the app store.

FML

Steph just change the language i lost my keyboard from too much gaming lol but change keyboard language

I have a few solutions, if you have a phone or computer, log into amazon account and reset kindle there, but it has to have internet connection, 2nd solution, try the factory reset above, 3rd solution, buy an OTG cable and connect the tablet to the tablet.

I found a solution guys you go to SETTINGS then KEYBOARD AND LANGUAGE the scroll down to CURRENT KEYBOARD and select JAPANESE keyboard that will make the key board pop up but itll write it in japanese but where the "SYM" symbol would normaly be there you can change to engle there will be a japanese symble and A and a 1 put it on the A and go to store then you can type and add a keyboard from there typing problen solved

Thank you so much for the posting, it worked....!!!! problem solved

How can you fix the keyboard on your kindle fire..it want pop up

When i go to any app i want to go my swype keyboard won't show, please help me fix this :(

If you have parental controls on and can't get to the keyboard, keep hitting the finish button since you can't enter the actual password until it asks you if you want to reset to factory settings. I did this on a Kindle with Freetime installed. Had to reinstall everything but at least it didn't wind up in the garbage :)

Keyboard won't pop up when I want to write something on my Amazon fire

Everyone keeps sitting there saying to go into settings so for those in the back who are obviously blind and deaf HOW. THE. !&&*. CAN. I. DO. THAT. IF. I. NEED. TO. PUT. IN. MY. PASSWORD. MY. KEYBOARD. WON'T. POP. UP. TO. DO. THAT. YOU. BLIND. @%^$$@$#

My problem was that I had Yubikey 2FA device plugged into my KF HD's USB port. When I unplugged the Yubikey, the screen based keyboard then appeared as expected. I suspect that the KF's operating system types the Yubikey as a keyboard based input device, during the initial discovery process.

FYI, I cannot yet verify that the Yubikey device works with the Kindle Fire HD 10.

For some reason, my English kindle fire keyboard is gone, and was replaced with swype. Anyone know how to fix this $@$*, cause I've been trying to fix it for the last &&^&^$^ hour, it's driving me insane this is retarded

My keyboard also stopped working when I downloaded Aptoide.

The fix is a combination of things.

1) Your touch screen should still work. Look for Settings > Keyboard & Language > Current Keyboard. There is going to be Swype. I believe Aptoide deletes the original keyboard.

Hit home

1) Go to Appstore > Categories > Utilities > Subcategories > Keyboards

There will be top sections:

A "Top Free in Keyboards" or

B "Top Paid in Keyboards"

I choose the free "TalkType Voice Keyboard" as I wasn't going to buy "Swype" which made me do all this or the Aptoide App.

This worked for my Fire Tablet 10HD

Using Fire OS 5.6.0.1 on Jan 2018.

Oh I forgot go back to step 1 and change the Current Keyboard.

This should get you a keyboard back. The one I choose TalkType is good. It's a little fancy. But I can just use the regular keyboard - no need to use voice. Plus I can download other keyboards can switch to a new one. Also downloaded: FancyKey Keyboard and American Keyboard Pro. You need to open the apps to set them up.

Go to Settings > Keyboard & Language

Slide to right and it will to up to let you choose it.

If you have issue ith your kindle than you can try to reboot it or reset if weather you cannot find any solution thank get help with https://babasupport.org/microsoft/kindle... like me. This help me more in this hope it support you too in any kindle related issue.

go to language and iput in settings and turn off the google keyboard..the android one will work in its place..

as it selected by default.

Do not try to fix the amazon keyboard. Download another from play store. Im not going to go into how to get play store(youtube is your best friend), but i found an app called float and split and used this as the default keyboard. The tablet even started to run faster. I honestly believe that the amazon keyboard is so faulty, it causes the tablet to run super slow and, eventually, stops bringing the keyboard up until a restart. You should not have to restart your tablet just to get it to run right. Just get rid of the %#*@ thing.

Stephanie Roberson will be eternally grateful.