The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

Ps3 slim won't read discs

Hi, my PlayStation 3 slim 120gb will not read discs I put into it. I was watching a blu-ray film, the movie froze towards the end, I turned off the ps3 and off at the wall, and left it a few hours. When I turned it back on, I ejected the blu-ray movie, tried putting a game in and it did not read. When a disc is entered, the console makes 4 ticking noises instantly after the disc being inserted, then makes an ejecting noise but not ejecting the disc (almost as if it is stuck) and then it ticks another 4 times, and there is no disc spinning noise neither the game coming up on the screen. Very very rarely, I will enter a DVD, and it will fluke and read the disc and work fine, but I recall the DVD's that have been read happen to be at least 1/2 millimeters thicker in height than a ps3 disc. Maybe this could mean that the reader is not blown but there is something jammed stopping the discs from being read?

I have the same thing but not the 4clics I only have that pre-eject sound but the loading is fine

Just tried it agen but it now sounds like the disk moter is, revving?

Same thing happend to my ps3 slim I was playing bo2 and the ps3 just stop Redington the disc I tured it off and turn it on it worked but after time it stop reading the disc

Most Helpful Answer

Owen, this from a recent answer of mine to a similar question. First off, this is to clarify that I have not come across any guides for adjustments on the loading mechanism. There is a decent video on Youtube.com that shows how to replace the laser. It might show you more of the optical drive. Now, if you check this video, it appears that there is a possibility that this error is caused by a misaligned laser and spindle motor. If it does not pull the disk in, then there is a problem with the loading mechanism.When the laser does not start up the PS 3 System drops the lens back down, and that could be the clicking noise you hear. a lens replacement would fix that. If it does not read the disk, it is most likely an error with the laser assembly. Whatever the case may be, you will have to either disassemble your optical drive and further investigate, or replace the drive. Hope this helps, good luck.

Replace the DVD drive. It should work then. Or check the ribbons on the DVD drive that connect to the mother board.

Owen will be eternally grateful.