Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL One Touch.

Why can't I factory reset my Alcatel One Touch Idol X 6040A?

I decided to put a pattern password on my phone and forgot the pattern. As I was going to factory reset it by Power + Volume up all it does is turn my phone on and off.

I've an Alcatel One Tough Idol X, so it's doens't answers. The screen is locked is Welcome Setup Wizard. When you try to apply hard reset, there's nothing. It reboot and the screen stay in Welcome Setup Wizard.

I need your help.

Thank you!

same here - frustrating!

Most Helpful Answer

It's annoying and making me mad!!!

you have to let go of the power button as soon as it turns on.. hold the volume up and down til u see the reboot screen.

THANK YOU!!!!!! you were the only person I've found that helped!! THANK YOU!!!!!

1.Power up the phone by pressing the Volume UP + Volume DOWN keys together + Power key.

The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS.

2.Use the Volume DOWN Key to scroll and Volume UP Key to SELECT.

3.Select Recovery.

The device will start up with the logo and power up to a little Android man with Exclamation mark.

4.Press the Volume UP and Volume DOWN Key together at this screen.

The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background.

5.Use the Volume DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the Power Key to SELECT the option desired . In this case , press the Volume DOWN key till the Wipe data / factory reset is selected and press the Power key to confirm the selection.

6.Use the Volume DOWN key again to select YES – delete all user data and press the PWR key to CONFIRM.

The device will then start performing the Factory Data Reset.

7.Once the Formatting is complete , press the Power key to confirm a REBOOT.

The message rebooting is displayed on the phone. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

I have the same problem, I replaced a broken LCD and the lock, volume up and down buttons all work. But I can't get it into the factory reset menu. no matter what button combination I use, or if it is charging or not.

Motorola logo? It's an Alcatel.

doesn't do anything when i push the buttons...

Also it will only do the reboot sequence when plugged in. When not plugged in the device does nothing.

no matter how i press the combinations, the android logo remain in the middle of the screen and when i touch the home key, formatting data and formatting catch appears and stay for ever

I have tried both hard and soft reset and neither does anything even though it says it did.

still requires a old login

How do I get passed the need for the old login

holdthe volume up button and power botton till the phone buzzes twice. then let go. will go to boot screen

Need a recent google account do.t have one i just got that fone

Same it won't let me by pass it

Vin will be eternally grateful.