A 12.2-inch "prosumer" tablet released in February 2014. Powered by a custom version of Android 4.4 KitKat.

After charging device tab wont power on...

I charged my tab for a couple hours and now can't get it to power on. I have tried several of the steps such as holding down power, home and volume buttons multiple times however I haven't been able to get that to work.

I have same issue any solutions?

Most Helpful Answer

I have worked on a number of these tablets and one thing that has repeatedly shown up is that the battery connector will break away from the main board. The device is so wide and the screen is flexible that the main board flexes back and forth and the solder joints crack. Then it wont make: continuous, reliable, or possibly any connection.

The most common symptom is that the screen will show the little no battery icon but in extreme cases you wont even get that.

To test for this I generally remove the back case, sometimes you can even do it with the case on, and apply some pressure to the battery terminal, in the center of the device, and see if I can get some response from the device.

If this solves it there are a few other posts on the web that show how you can repair it by re-soldering the connection. It is really small so you will need a magnifying glass and the appropriate soldering tools but it is really not that difficult.

The joints were not soldered properly in the first place, causing oxidation to take place and hence the breakage. Happened to me too.

I am trying to find out if this defect is being turned into a recall etc.

I'm with the same problem here :(

The easiest way to fix this problem is to use a pry tool take off the back of the tablet. Then unplug the battery. Wait couple of seconds. Then plug it back in.

Can you change the battery in the Note Po 12 inch?

Do they make replacement cable clips? Mine is broken and my tablet won't charge.

Weston D Law will be eternally grateful.