Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Why won't my One turn on?

I have an Xbox One that will not turn on when I press the power button. It will make the beep-bop noise when I hit the power button, but alas, no power gets to it. I have tried everything from power cycling to changing power bricks. I have had this happen before with another console and sent it in for repair. I want to quicken the process up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having problems as of today.This morning we had bad weather and lighting hit close to my house. now my Xbox willnot come on the adapter has a orange light on it but the power button light does not come on and it does not beep or anything for that matter. i followed the trouble shooting guide on the xbox site but still nothing. i am going to take my console to a buddy house tomarrow and use his ac adapter to see if it will work. then im off to buy a tv i blew out everything tv cable box my xbox 360 and surround sound and everything was hooked to a surge protector execpt the ac adapter because it says not to because it has it own surge protection in it.

I plugged everything in and it still wont work dose anyone know what to do li am switched lots of HDMI1 and HDMI2 very worried that it has broke

Dose anyone know

I have had this issue a couple of times. First time I disconnected the power and reconnected and it started working. The other time I put a disc in and it switched on. Not sure what is causing the problem, my guess is software issues.

I am having the same issue as well. It seem to have started sincethe weather has got cold. So i have to unplug it waite a while warm my room up and plug back in then it works.. But it may be because its getting clogged with dust.. Hope this helps abd if anyone knows the real reason let us all know please.. Thanks

It might be a display issue. Check your HDMI connection. Try switching cables or ports on your TV. If the Xbox light is on in the front of the console, it won't start up unless it detects a working display.

My Xbox One won't get pictures on tv. But the light come on

I have the same problem. My t.v doesn't detect the hdmi port from the xbox one console. Anyone know how to fix this? Exrayz51zerowso@yahoo.com please contact me.I need help

So does mine even Microsoft couldn't suggest anything

My xbox won't turn on its plugged in it won't turn on some body help me plz

i flicked my power block cable and it turned on so you may have to check the cable routing

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and my xbox has sat dead until last night. Nothing would work i tried everything and i have experience in being pc tablet phone laptop repairs for nearly 20 years. However. I found that my xbox didnt turn on as a result of a failed update, apparently my xbox power cycled through it which must of been when i was cleaning found this by debugging error log. If your xbox wont turn on and the power brick lights up orange to white and the xbox immediately shuts down on startup heres what to do. Unplug every lead out of the back of the console. Unplug the power brick lead from the wall then the power brick. Leave it for 2 hours or so. Plug it all back in. Try the controller, it should power up and try to connect to the xbox to turn it on but wont. While the controller is on double press eject. The console should spring back into life and connect to the controller. Job done. Hope this helps a vast amount of you that think you have a bricked xbox.

What do you mean by ".... double press eject" On the controller, or console?

There is an electronic flex board that connects the front panel (the one with the lights) and the front panel board. Make sure the connection is tight and secure. If the connection is good make sure you didn't snap the flex board. Hope that helps.

It is a glitch in the redundancy safety feature where the console overheats and needs to cool down. Generally this will occur after the console has been on for prolonged periods of time and has been put into sleep mode (normal off mode).

What you need to do is press and hold the power touchplate/button to turn it on for at least 5 seconds. This will not actually turn it on, as it already is on and completely unresponsive (in a coma). What this will do is do a hard power down instead.

Give it about 30 seconds, and press to turn back on. It should start up again with zero problems.

Try unplugging your Xbox for two ours everything connected then on the Xbox if still no results then try to hold all the wires firm to the connection and then keep pressing the switch on button then it might if not then try contacting Xbox support or try changing console or power brick

Went through 4 360's and now my new Xbox one won't work ? &&^& Microsoft, I'm getting a ps4 !

Turn off your internet turn the Xbox on after the Internet is off then once you get to the green screen turn on your controller then press the guide button then hold the lighted up X in the middle till it vibrates then quickly take out your batteries then it should work

Try giving your Xbox a little tilt , mine has been having this issue but it ends up finally turnin on when I get mad an finally pull it from the shelf, I have relised that when I put my xbox on about a 45 it turns on . And no your disk will not spin in the Xbox , I have the original Xbox one for the record

I has the same issue i called microsoft and they said check the wires. I did everythung nothing worked. I finally looked inside the wire that connects at the back of the xbox one( power suply cord) two holes of the input there is two pins which r inserted into the xbox one when the plug goes in..Problem was one of the pins were bent. And therefore no power so no power or power light icon. Itook a knife and made the pin straight and it worked

Just had the exact same problem. Xbox wouldn't turn on or even show it had power going to it. What worked instantly for me was inserting a disc! It started right away just as normal :)

Hope this helped

I also had this problem. I had just been moving my original Xbox one from a trip and plugged it back in at home. The power supply stayed orange and when I clicked the power button on the Xbox, it would make a noise but then my Xbox wouldn't start up. The disc eject button would also make a noise if pressed but would not eject a disc. I tried all the unplugging of the power supply stuff and it didn't help.

I simply repositioned my Xbox to stand vertical and then it worked when I tried to turn it on and worked when I played it down horizontal again. Must have been a loose connection somehow?

My problem is similar. With all then component disconnected. I connect HMDI (TV OUT), connect power brick to the wall socket. In this point I get orange light. Then Connect cable to the console, I get white light (1 second later) then yellow.

In this point all seems to normal. When I startup (using controller or press xbox botton console) the xbox one, after a few seconds (2 o 3) the console shutdown itself. No light on console and no light on power brick.

It this point power brick seems to be death. I have to disconnect from wall socket wait 5 seconds and then reconnect in order to get again a orange light

I would appreciate any help you can give me

Chris will be eternally grateful.