The Wii Balance Board was first sold on December 1, 2007 as an accessory for the Nintendo Wii and Wii U game consoles.

Why won't my Balance Board turn on?

No matter what I do, my Balance Board will not power on. I press the power button and it does not light up or turn on.

When I was riding my hoverboard today it just shut down an when I put it on the charger it just go on an off when it off the charger it don't come on

Most Helpful Answer

There are three things that could prevent the Wii Balance Board from turning on:

The batteries are dead.

If it's been a while or you have never changed the batteries in your balance board, then they may need replacing.

The battery terminals are corroded.

The corrosion from batteries can build up and break the connections between the batteries and the battery terminals. Rub the corroded battery terminals with a Q-tip dipped in vinegar or lemon juice to break apart the corrosion. Apply a bit of baking soda and wipe away the corrosion. Make sure to wash your hands well since the corrosion will irritate your skin.

The battery compartment is faulty.

If your balance board is still not turning on even after replacing the batteries and cleaning out any corrosion, then the battery compartment is probably faulty. You can follow our battery compartment replacement guide here.

My battery terminals did not look corroded when I first checked but if you rub your finger on them and you feel any roughness get a piece of emery board or something to lightly sand it. That was all it took to fix my Wii board.

I had heavy battery corrosion as i picked my board upfrom Goodwill. Firstly, i used a plastic brush to clean heavy acid deposits, and then lemon water to q-tip the rest. Second, w/ new batteries it didn 't work & i nearly gave up, but upon final inspection, one battery was reversed :-P... Go figure. Works great now! Thanks ifixit peeps!

I'm having the same problem. My blue light would not come on at all. I did the vinegar and baking soda idea and not the blue light turns on for a second and turns right back off... Any ideas?

I had the same problem. Both of my wii balance board had corrosion issue . End up solder back the circuit which is simple to do and works like a charm . Basically only need to solder the power link and the sync button wire. If the sync button totally out just bypass ghe button and connect to wire each and you can actually manually touch both wire for one second to sync .

Cory Olson will be eternally grateful.