The PlayStation Vita is the successor to the PSP. It contains a beefed up processor and graphics, and includes the addition of a second analog stick. It was released February 15, 2012.

Ps Vita, Battery solder

I was replacing a analog stick on my ps vita. When I tried to remove the battery the clip that connects to the motherboard, it came completely off. Is there a way I can solder the battery wires directly to the motherboard. if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Please Help.

Most Helpful Answer

Hello I did the same mistake, i wanned to unplug the battery and replug it (i had battery issues) and i broke the solder (actually the black plastic part at the top that hold the wire) so now i can't connect the battery to the motherboard anymore.

Here is a picture of the black plastic i broke :

http://i.imgur.com/YOiIPhQ.jpg

somebody help please

Have you got a photo so we can see the extent of the damage ? If your in the uk i have a couple of boards knocking around

Mike, I had the same problem. Or at least a similar one. I was separating the two halves to replace the battery and the entire white plastic cradle part that attaches to the motherboard just came off the circuit board. It came apart effortlessly! It was as if it was barely attached to begin with. Poor quality circuitry!

I'm hoping for an answer here as well. I'm willing to solder if that fixes the issue.

I just did this to mine and I wanna cry TTATT The white part on mine broke in half too. . .

Hi, this might come too late but, just below where the battery connecto once stood, there are three solder points correnponding to each of the battery terminals, just solder the battery directly there...

Mike will be eternally grateful.