No wifi interface in network preferences.
MacBook Unibody Model A1342 (Mid 2010)
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
250 GB storage
2 GB memory
When I upgraded to OS X the Wifi no longer appeared in toolbar or network preferences.
- No Wifi Image at the top of my screen next to blue tooth
- Wifi interface does not appear in network preferences
- Warranty is expired
- Ran script to turn the wifi service on & off upon start-up
- Shutdown but Close all apps on the return
- Switched user accounts
- Hold the power button for 10 secs and let shutdown
- Turned bluetooth on & off then restarted... Nothing
- Reset the PRAM.
- Erased the hard drive.
- Re-installed the OS (OS X).
- Software is up-to-date
- Deleted the System Config items- But there is no Apple.com.Airport/ Or anything that includes the wifi.
- Cant reset wii interface since there is no wifi interface.
- Removed Airport card, cleaned it, then re-installed it.
- Reset the SMC
- Replace the airport card
- Taken into Genius bar for diagnostic. A private repair shop gave me a $200 quote but no diagnosis.
Anyone have this problem??
Any tips is appreciated! A solution is great!
Is this a good question?