Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

Mother board getting hot upon reassembly.

I disassembled my PS4 controller to paint it. Reassembled correctly from every video ive watch but when I connect the battery the spot to the left of it gets hot and the controller wont cut on.

did you check if you got any paint etc. on the logic board? Heat on a circuit board is usually caused by shorted out components. Do not use your joystick until you find the cause for the overheating, this may cause more damage.

The mother baord was no where near the painting.

Found the problem, the touch pad connection wasn't good. Blew it out and wiped it off and it's ok now.

My TouchPad works fine but the section of the board where the buttons go still gets pretty hot, not sure what to do

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issue and for me it was an issue with the touch pad ribbon cable being disconnected. The one in the actual touch pad not the connection to the motherboard.

So open up the touch pad and check if the connection in there sits correctly.

I had the same problem when reassembling my dualshock 4...

The touchpad ribbon cable turned out to be the source of the problem...

Solved by detaching and re attaching...

That didn't work for me I tried it twice

it dint work for me at first but then i tried moving the other end of the touchpad cable and bam it started working.

I have the same problem with my controller. I replaced the thumbsticks with the ones from the Xbox One, and after I plugged the battery in, the motherboard was getting hot even when the controller was turned off. I think something has been damaged unfortunately.

MorbidStix offers replacement parts for Dualshock 4 controllers, I think buying a new motherboard is your best chance.

Read my comment above. Make sure the touch pad ribbon cable is wiped and blow out where you plug it in. I just wiped it off with my finger and opened the ribbon spot then blew it out and put the ribbon in there and closed it. Works fine now.

Worked like a charm, thanks bro !!!!!

Cool, thanks. I'll try it. However my controller does work, but the battery drains very fast and I think it has something to do with the circuitboard getting hot. Could please give an update if you experience the same problem?

Mine didn't work when I had the problem but works fine from what ive noticed so far.

I've had the same problem but blowing the touch pad doesn't fix it it just has no signs of working

i have the same problem! .. what i can do now ?

Does any one know how to take out the circuit board?

My problem is itry to cut 2 engine which use for vibration after that my controller not working and mother board have some heat

The mother bored in my ps4 controller is over heating every time I put the battery in ? Help

Thank you so much!! After hours searching the net for lights not turning on or not charging, I gave up thinking the controller broke. Luckly I gave one last try and searched for getting hot, which it was a bit, and found this!

I had disassembled the dualshock 4 to fix the triangle button which was getting stuck. After that the controller simply wouldn't work. With your help I just cleaned the flat cables a bit and it came right back to life :D

How do you clean the cables?

I just used a clean cloth like those used to clean up TVs or glasses. However, I put it to charge and some days afterwards (I don't play much) it was not working again. I didn't bother opening it again as I have other controllers but I'll do it if I need this one.

I have the same issue. After reassembling my ps4 controller, I noticed that once I pressed the touchpad in my controller discounted. It would not turn back on, or even light up, so I decided to press the reset button. This worked and my controller turned back on, but after pressing the touchpad once again my controller disconnected. I opened my controller and pulled all of the ribbons out and put them back in again. This did not work and my controller refuses to even light up now, even after pressing reset. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or know what has happened? All help is greatly appreciated :)

I've got the same problem, and upon closer inspection, I've noticed that the power management chip (BD9200) gets extremely hot, way past what should be normal, I'd say easily above 100°c within seconds of plugging it in.

SU44K8 will be eternally grateful.