Repair guides and support for the Expedition, a full-size SUV based on Ford's F-150 pickup truck. Closely related to the Lincoln Navigator.

Why is my driver window not working.

Everything except the driver window works. All buttons and all other windows and locks. It makes a slight sound when i press the window button but it does not do anything.

could be a bad relay, bad switch or a bad motor. What have you tried so far?

I traded out the "switches" on the door panel. That fixed the ability to put all the other windows up and down from each individual door. (I am assuming the "window lock" was broken). Aside from that i have not tried anything else. I do not hear the motor working when I press the button.

Most Helpful Answer

I've had several windows stop working over the years and usually, if I can't hear the motor when I push the switch, it's usually the problem. If I can hear the motor, I assume the relay.

My son in law is a mechanic so we just went to the wreckers and found a replacement motor for my window and he installed it. If I didn't have him to work on it, I'm sure I would have taken it to a professional. Only you know how mechanically inclined you are ;) Best of luck!!

So it would be best to buy a motor and replace it? Or would it be better to take it to a professional?

hernan will be eternally grateful.