Repair guides for cameras of the now-discontinued Minolta line.

Why won't the camera shutter release in my Minolta SRT SC-II camera?

The film advance lever seems to have been fully cycled and is at its normal rest position. Pushing shuttter button by hand and by cable does not cause the shutter to activate. There is no film in the camera now. Removed the bottom cover and could not locate any issues, Moved the two visible ratchet hooks clear of the Pawls and tried both advance and shutter with no luck. Expect that the shutter needs to be fired before the film advance lever is free.

Advice on where to look and what to look for? If I need to go super deep into the works I'll probably give up on it.

First I must warn you repairing cameras takes a bit of skill, steady hands and good eye sight. You will also need to have a good desk and desk lamp as the parts are tiny and can easily get damaged or lost. If you loose or break a part you may have a hard time replacing it so take you time and don't force things.

OK, so you want to take a crack at it. Here's the Minolta SRT 101 repair manual which is the same basic camera as yours: SRT 101 repair manual.

Thank you for the manual and advice.

If this answer answered your question please remember to rate (score) and mark it accepted.

David will be eternally grateful.