First off remove the battery from the phone otherwise it will shorten and will continue to be burned components!
There is no doubt that corrosion caused the malfunction on the touch screen, If I were you I would open the device from the areas in which there is corrosion and simple to clean with a toothbrush and alcohol to clean the contact.
Note that the screen has components I'm sure there'll corrosion in this area, but do not overlook the motherboard.
It is important not to use too much alcohol on the screen, only a small amount and clean.
If it did not have to try to replace the screen, even if it did not have a problem on the motherboard ...
From my experience if you clear well everything will work! :)
- IMPORTANT! Remove the battery and did not charge it until after cleaned and properly continent!