Laptop won't turn on after creating a spark

Hi Ifixit,

First time I've had to post about a computer problem I've been having. I was trying to clean my fan when I did something really dumb and used a metal tool to try to take the battery connector off the logic board. It slipped and I touched one of the soldered pin above it. There was a small orange spark, but that's it. When plugged in, the green charging light comes on, but nothing on the laptop turns on. Everything's connected fine and there doesn't seem to be any damaged wires or anything. I honestly don't know much about Macs or the innards of laptops in general, so please bare with me. If anyone needs any more information please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

1 Answer

Try taking your battery out and removing the bios battery from the board (not using anything metal lol) also make sure the power cable isn't connected either. Once you have this done press the power button a couple times holding it in for about five seconds roughly. Put the batteries back in plug your power cord in and try turning it on. This may or may not work but what it should hopefully do is remove all power from the capacitors and computer it self and if there was protection built into the chip hopefully it should cause the chip the shutdown and reset. No promises that this will work but once in a while it does help. Let us know what happens.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

what if it is built-in battery ??

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

Alex Chau will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 8

Past 30 Days: 29

All Time: 1,745