Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

home button doesn't work

I changed my back cover on my iPhone 3G now the home button on the front doesn't work? can u help? cheers

Most Helpful Answer

go back in and make sure that the home button contacts are connecting with the logic board

1) Check the contacts.

2) Check that it is synch'ing to computer, if not then need new dock connector unit.

3) Also check cable 4.

Hi, i have the same problem when i plug it he charge to be on then she don't charge ! the home button don't work but the micro and other it work ! i don't understand ! itunes don't synch ... plzz help

Hi, how did you solve the problem? I have the same issue. After replacing the back cover, my home button does not work. Sometimes it gets stuck but even when it doesn't, it does not work. Any advice?

Score -1

This should be its own question.

TOM WOODS will be eternally grateful.