Quad-core 10.1" Android tablet with docking keyboard.

I can't charge my tablet

Hi there,

I can't charge my tablet and I think it's something to do with the actual tablet, not the charger. I have tried a different charger and still nothing.

The only way I saw my tablet was charging when I have connected it to my laptop with USB, but it was really really slow and I have to just leave it. If I will be using the tablet while charging with a laptop the battery % goes down. Also, it is not showing me that Android "storm" icon when it's charging it.

Not sure what to do with that. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

Kos , "while charging with a laptop" is what will not work for you. The original charger has 15v 1.2A (18Watts). For normal charging, a charger would have to have an output at least 12v and 1.5A (18Watts). Your laptops USB port, or any other computer USB port will only provide 500mA (0.5A). Double check the "tried a different charger" values. Use a new cable as well. Since it is charging, however slow, on your laptop, I'd say your issues are most likely not with your tablet. Hope this helps, good luck.

I have had this exact same problem, and it means that the wall plug part of the charger is not working properly. That needs to be replaced. The cable is not the problem.

I had asimilar problem and it turned out to be the charging cable.

Kos will be eternally grateful.