PlayStation 2

Known as the PS2, it is a sixth-generation video game console first released by Sony in Japan in March 2000. The United States saw it later in 2000 with the SCPH-30000. Repair of this device requires only common tools, but can get tricky.

Why does my PS2 show a 'Brwser/System Configuration' screen on some ga

My Playststion 2 opens to a screen that says 'Browser/ system configuration' screen on some of my games. It will not load game when this screen pops up. It also says to use a Playstation or Playstation format game. What does this mean??

Are you trying to play copied games ?

if not - it's possible that the laser has problems to read the games.

most people are saying thet the laser is defective and needs to be replaced.

but i had a few ps2's with laser problems and all of them were only dirty - the dust is "burnt" on the laser. i've cleaned them with a slightly wet microfibre cloth and that was it - the are all running without any problem

Try to buy a new MEMORY CARD. Some ps2's are starting the console from memory cards. Your system configuration in memory card might be corrupted or deleted.

wade webb will be eternally grateful.