PlayStation 2

Known as the PS2, it is a sixth-generation video game console first released by Sony in Japan in March 2000. The United States saw it later in 2000 with the SCPH-30000. Repair of this device requires only common tools, but can get tricky.

Why does my PS2 show a 'Brwser/System Configuration' screen on some ga

My Playststion 2 opens to a screen that says 'Browser/ system configuration' screen on some of my games. It will not load game when this screen pops up. It also says to use a Playstation or Playstation format game. What does this mean??

When i play any game nd when the game is start so my screen pop up and in the bottom it shows black screen nd the game is pop up i play on half tv nd the half tv is black plz tell me any solution

by karma wangchuk

It's because your disk tray is too high up put pressure onto the top of the tray with the disk in and lid closed and it will load up. If it stops when you remove pressure keep something heavy on it

by Baconchops09

Are you trying to play copied games ?

if not - it's possible that the laser has problems to read the games.

most people are saying thet the laser is defective and needs to be replaced.

but i had a few ps2's with laser problems and all of them were only dirty - the dust is "burnt" on the laser. i've cleaned them with a slightly wet microfibre cloth and that was it - the are all running without any problem

Try to buy a new MEMORY CARD. Some ps2's are starting the console from memory cards. Your system configuration in memory card might be corrupted or deleted.

wade webb will be eternally grateful.