Got wet, only backlight doesn't work!

My iPod Touch was dropped in a glass of water well over a year ago. EVERYTHING but the backlight works. Sound, touch screen, syncing, wifi, etc. all work.

Anything I can do? It's way out of warranty because of the time let alone the water indicator.

The back-light appears to be part of the LCD assembly so the cause is either faulty LCD assy or the power to the back-light is not there due to a poor connection or main board fault.

Try disassembling the device and simply unplugging the LCD connector. You may have a small amount or corrosion on the contacts that can be cleaned off.

Teardown

Display replacement

HIH

Thanks Richdave... I will try that. Do you know if the Gen 1 and the Gen 2 display are the same? I have a Gen 1 iPod that the display works, but the battery and the wifi don't work. I could frankenstein the good one with the gen 1 parts?

Tom will be eternally grateful.