The second iteration of Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet computers with a 7.0 inch screen.

The Tab is in an endless reboot loop.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is turning on and off continuously. I connected it with the charger and I pressed the power button. This is stopping the endless reboot, but when I try again I'm faced with the same problem.

The battery is 100% full.

How do I fix it?

MY Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Is in a Endless Loop I Try Root ,Wipe Everything Dont kNow what to DO next

Hi my name is zee am urgently ineed of your help I tried hard reset my vodafone tablet(new version)in the middle of hard reset it froze it been hours now please help what must I do

my galaxy tab 2 is not booting pls wat should i do

pls my samsung galaxy tab 27.0 ANDROID9.5.8 is not coming up since i did hard reset,pls wat do i do from ifeco

I tried to root my tab and it is not turning on now.

Did you try a factory reset?

You can do this from the Android Recovery Menu (this will erase all your personal data!!!)

Press and hold both the "Volume Up" and "Power On" keys until you see the Android logo.

Use the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" keys to navigate through the menu, and use "Power On" for OK.

Choose "wipe data / factory reset", then "yes erase all data," and finally - reset.

Factory Data reset / Hard reset

Regards.

Thank you, I lost everything but it works!

Regards.

My tab won't stay on or charge long snuff

for me to do any of this! Any have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! I had the same problem and now my tab is running again!

Even this doesnt help.. the phone is still rebooting. i tried all 5 options in the hard boot menu. :(

I tried to do this and my tablet wouldn't stay on but then tried holding down on button and volume down as opposed to up... Then when samsung logo came on I released on button and just kept finger on vol down and yey got a menu to reboot or return factory etc . Just tried to return to factory setting so wiping all data but still same problem!

I had the same problem with continuous rebooting. The problem seems to be a sticky power switch, as others have suggested. I didn't want to take my tab apart to disconnect & reconnect the power switch, so I just thumped the back by the power switch to unstick it. That fixed it and it booted normally afterwards! No data wipe, no factory reset, no repair center, just a few quick thumps to the back under the power switch!! Good luck!

blowing compressed air around the power button can also free it but if it doesn't work you need to solder in a new power button

Thank you for this suggestion! It worked for me.

I tried EVERYTHING including full factory reset, special key combinations and replacing the battery...no help. Then, out of frustration I slammed the tablet flat against my kitchen counter - really hard. Now it works fine.

I seriously just laughed when I saw this solution, so for a quick giggle I gave my tablet a good few soft hits to the back near the power button... apparently this actually worked. Thank you very much for the help.

I tried this out of desperation and it worked! thanks for the suggestion!!!

Guys I have been having the same problem for the past 4 months now and the %#*@ in in disuse since!! It is 2 years old and it worked very well until the problem erupted!! I took it to 4 different repairers and 2 ot them opined that it is not possible to rectify it and the other two - Samsung authorised service centre stated that the mother board needs to be replaced and would cost 6K Rs (100 $). This is atrocious and shameful tactic by Samsung. Do they manufacture it to last only for 2 years and will charge an exorbitant sum for the spare part????? New models are sold for about 150$!!

Samsung guys reading this message will need to hang their head in shame!! I therefore opted for the ever reliable Apple I pad now and vowed never to buy a Samsung product again!!

If they really wanted to address this issue I would request them to please get in touch with me at thilaknath@gmail.com and rectify it for free or for a nominal sum. I am based out of Chennai, India.

I have exactly the same problem as u have...help me out please if anyone knows what to do

I have exactly the same problem and the samsung service personnel said I need to change the motherboard for RM600.00. If you can help, it would be great. My email, nurjayadi.abdullah@gmail.com. tqvvvm

i have the same issue...the tab2 keep restarting... i have done wipe factory data reset and odin root firmware..but it still restarting..how do i resolve the issue? can somebody help...email to ir.azfar_azreen@ymail.com

I join in the problem which erupted suddenly. I am in continuous reboot loop but rebooting never completes. Power switch seems to work (triggers reboot) but cannot turn the tablet off. Doesn't matter whether on batter or external power. Help!

i am currently having the same problem. certain dude called engineer changed the board but a differnt problem erupted that i had to ask him to restore my old board. the tab is 3yrs plus now. i dont see myself buying samsung again. i may go for nokia. it has been reliable in nigeria. ipad is associated with difficulty getting a good power pack should it spoil

hopefully your tab is fixed by now, but if it isn't, there is an easy way to fix it. You just charge the tab to 100% while it is off, then reboot it. You will lose all of your wifi passwords for some reason however it is a small price to pay.

Regards Joel

when ever i shut down my tablet it rebboots back into the samsung logo and stays there please help me.

it wont charge at all.

i was facing the same problem but based on the first solution it is working thank you .NB you will lose your file at all

Step 1: Power down the device. Pulling the battery will work as well, especially if you are caught in a boot loop.

Step 2: Allow the device to completely shut down. Waiting until your screen is off, or just giving it a full minute or two should suffice.

Step 3a: For the Galaxy S2 and Tab 2, you will need to hold Volume Up and Power at the same time until you see the Samsung logo appear. Then release.

3b: For the Galaxy S3, you will need to hold the volume up, home, and power button at the same time until you see the Samsung logo, and then release.

Step 4: For all variants mentioned, you should now be looking at a menu list with a blue highlighted bar. Using the volume rockers will navigate through the menus, and generally power is your accept button. The S2 might have a little twist. Upon getting into recovery, you can push up, down, up to enable the back button. This also allows to use the power button as the accept button. See figure 1.

Important note: When navigating around in recovery and you select something, you may be redirected to a page with about a dozen answers. Almost all will be no with yes buried in the middle. This is to prevent accidental accepting of an option.

4b: To actually have you use this guide, you can clear your phone's cache. See figure 2. There are many cache clearing programs on Play, and while they may clear the cache as well as rebooting into recovery, this is merely an alternate method. Click power to accept.

Step 5: When completed, you can navigate back, or usually after completing any action in Recovery, Reboot Now will be highlighted at the root menu. See figure 3. This is your gate back to running Android through the User Interface. Click power to accept.

Congratulations! You have successfully entered, navigated, executed a command and rebooted all in Recovery. This is also a method to flash a ROM through a .zip file on an SD card, and a complete Factory Reset can be accomplished in this manner as well.

Hi, I have followed this route with my Samsung galaxy tab3 (7") however I am not able to do the factory reset as when I reach the menu with all the no's and a yes when I use the volume up/down is goes to every other selection instead every selection so I cant select yes! Grr! Can you help please?

Hi, deleting the cache had worked for me. thanks a ton!

I'm 90% confident this is a hardware issue. Here's why...

This problem only starts once the battery is lower than 50%.

The screen will flicker a few times just before the reboot -- especially when swiping the screen.

The reboot will continue until the battery gives out OR you plug into external power source.

Plugging in ALWAYS resolves the reboot.

I've tried clearing the cache -- no change. Once the reboot starts it will not stop until you plug in power.

Some people say that doing a factory reset will fix the problem -- This is not a fix. This is a cop-out. Uninstalling high-battery usage apps might help resolve the problem but the *real* problem is the battery does not keep a consistent output after half discharge.

I'm also facing exactly the same problem with my Samsung Tab pro 8.4. Any solution?

I had a warranty on my tablet. I sent it in and they fixed a problem with either the battery or the wiring to the battery.

Hello. I think that saying that the problem appears when the battery is lower than 50% is inaccurate. I paid attention to my battery levels on one of its rebooting loops and it was over 60% charged. Thank you for the tip, though.

Hi, open your device and after samsung boot screen:

disconnect the power switch flat cable (the one that had also the volume switch in it), probably it wont reboot automaticly anymore, worked at 2x p3110 for me.

Good Luck.

greetz, Sef

Thanks!!! I have disconnected power switch the device is rebooting continously anymore

My question is that should I connect the power cable back

After I disconnect the power switch cable my device is not rebooting continously anymore... Should I connect the power cable back

The power switch is defective. You need to change the cable assembly.

what do you mean by open your device? open the back cover?

open the back of the tablet, get a little screwdriver and remove the screws from the back of the battery, then remove the battery while it's

on, then put it back. Also, put the tablet back on.

Try to take off the tab's back, disconnect the battery, and reconnect it again. I had this issue with my tab pro 8.4, for almost a year. There were some things wich helped temporarily... But disconnecting and reconnecting, firmly, the battery connector, it seems to resolved the issue....

There are lots of "how to change the battery..." videos on youtube, if you aren't sure, how to take off the back of the tab.....

i suggest you just hold the power button till it goes off

this is really obvious but have you tried changing chargers or anything? When it tries to reboot does it make this strange beeping noise? It did with me and every time it stopped the screen would flash for not ever a second and would go back out! So I changed the charger to one of the ones I got in the box and it turned on! However what I learned that when my tablet turned on it was trying to turn on it just didn't have an battery life! So try to change the charger to one that has the white lightning bolt instead of the one with the white lightning bolt with the "x" over it (even though it may charge like that) and make sure its a good outlit

hold power button and left togle together (not right togle)

Apparently your battery is drained. Try to replace your old battery.

You need a battery replacement.

I had the same, but solved it. After booting it started to reboot after 10-20 seconds and this repeated continuously.

Please try this, after rebooting disable the wifi in the settings of your tablet.

If after disabling the wifi the tablet does not reboot than that is the issue.

How to solve?

enable the wifi again and remove the connections you are using or may use, starting first with the one that is connected (since otherwise the tablet will reboot before you have removed it). Than remove the others which you may use.

Also remove the tablet in your router from the list of connected devices (I am not sure it is needed but I did that)

Now reboot the tablet yourself.

In the settings of the tablet you see all your connections appearing again under Wifi.

Connect to the wifi connection (SSID) you need (you will likely have to input the key(password)).

Now the tablet does not reboot anymore automatically.

I cannot get to the home screen to disable the wi-fi!

how the &&^& can i do this many things in &&^&^$^ 20-30 &&^&^$^ seconds you dickhead im 200% sure it wont work

replace the battery.Its easy to do. My tab was left in my cold car with a low charge.It would not charge after that and i read somewhere why a low charged battery will cause a loopboot. I bought a new battery and fully installed it then fully charged it.After that my Tab booted right up

That and a factory reset solved my problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oAnxDe5...

While rooting the process has been interrupted, only way to recover your tablet back is to Flash it.

Download the Flash file from samsung-updates.com

and check steps to flash any samsung android phone

found a good fix for a similar problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPj2HaI...

After upgrade to Android 5.1, my Samsung Tab S 8.4 was flickering and rebooting when battery goes under 65-70%. I have tried many things but nothing worked. Finally, I put my tablet in "economy mode" and this solve the problem. Hope this solve yours problems too.

I had this exact same problem. No advice about thumping the back, nor would it boot to the recovery screen by holding buttons down and all that (3 different variations attempted). I tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing. Mine kept appearing like it was trying to charge, but then kept rebooting, even while plugged into a charger, left overnight and all next day.

What worked was using the OEM charger. I was using an aftermarket charger, but this isn't powerful enough to get the required "umph" when the battery was completely dead. The charger I was using worked fine while the battery had some charge on it, which is why I didn't think this would've caused the problem, but made sense afterwards. Good luck.

A simple fix is to go into setting ( plug in charger to get it to boot ), find the lock screen options, select none, this works a treat.

The fix is easy, it's caused by the power on button sticking, the solution is a little IPA on a cotton bud and have a good clean of it, press the button in and have a good scrub.

Sounds like a botched software upgrade or root attempt. Soft brick. You'll need to look up odin info and reinstall the stock boot loader and OS image.

You need to log into your Samsung account. Like Apple for Kids, the account controls the parental options.

If you don't have one create one from a computer. Then log in on the tablet.

Sounds like a short in the battery, a loose cable, or a dead battery (truly dead or past usable dead may show 100%).

If it's under warranty I'd have Samsung fix it.

If not; you can use the breakdown here to open it up and check connections and contact points. Possibly resoldering the connections.

If you still have an issue you should go with a new battery or an external sub battery.

See Har Zso fix... I tried it but it did not work so I went on YouTube and put in "replace battery for a Galaxy Tab Pro" and there were lots of videos on how to. I bought a new battery it cost me 20 dollars. easy to change it over and no more reboot problems.

Your Tablet is Bricked. THe cause of this was in fact the rooting and wiping. There are many ways to troubleshoot and fix. just type your make and model and check on you tube. You might need to use your computer as well to wipe and reset Flash

You need to completely disconnect the battery from the tablets Motherboard, and then reconnect it.

My Girlfriend has a 10" Galaxy Tab that does this constantly when she forgets to plug it in to charge.

I take the tablet apart, pull the battery cable for 5 seconds, plug it back in, and it works WITHOUT losing everything!

The way I fixed my galaxy tab a was since none of the buttons worked while in the reboot loop, I couldn't hard reset it. The reset button didn't work either so I left my tablet alone and waited for it to die. Then after I plugged it in, I started it up and it works again.

I waited for mi e to die then after plugging it in, I started it up and it works now

I have a Tab 2 but my fault is slightly different. My screen shows an empty battery with no animation. The hard and soft reset doesn't work, these options do not come up on the screen, just makes the screen blank and then the battery comes back on. I fitted a new battery and it is the same. I have tried holding down the on button when the battery is out to run down the power being held on the processor but still nothing.

Any ideas please?

George will be eternally grateful.