Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Problem with high pitched noise when making calls.

When I call someone or someone calls me they hear a high pitched noise. And can't hear me. If I turn on speaker phone they hear me fine. As soon as I turn off speaker phone again the noise returns on the other ones phone. Any Idea how to fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

Probably you have problem with the microphone. There are two microphones. One is in down side and one is in the upper side (you can see small hole near to the headphones jack). The second microphone is for a video. And it's working when you use loudspeaker function.

The first microphone is on the flex cable with the charging dock. Try to reconnect this cable but I think you must change it.

This is a cable for iPhone 4 (GSM):

iPhone 4 Dock Connector (GSM/AT&T)

And here you can see replacing. Look at step 19 - this is the microphone.

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement

Regards.

iPhone 4 Dock Connector (GSM/AT&T) Image

SOLUTION: Press the button on the right by the earphone jack on top of the phone AND the wake up button at the bottom of the phone on the front AT THE SAME TIME. Hold for severals seconds. This is a 'hard reset'. Should fix the noise problem. This will not erase your downloaded apps, contacts, notes, etc. This solution is straight from the mouth of Apple.

%#*@. I walked around not being able to call (only on headphones) for weeks and bought a replacement microphone. Just before I wanted to replace that, my battery finally ran out and the problem was gone (probably because a hard reset has the same result as a power cycle).

Glad it's fixed though.

Update latest version of iOS

Problem will solve definitely

Freddie will be eternally grateful.