The second iteration of Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet computers with a 7.0 inch screen.

Why won't my tablet charge or turn on?

I recently bought a new charger and the first hour it was charging since it was on 0% i then took the charger out and the tablet wont turn on, i tried EVERYTHING, including touching the screen while holding down on button, holding down the volume buttons while holding down the power button, i even let it sit with the charger in for like 24hours and repeating those steps. STILL NOTHING. is it the charger? any suggestions?

so I've had my tablet for a year and like over 5 mouths now it doesn't wanna charge I've tried my lap top tv and the out let but nothing even if i put my finger on the power button it won't turn on does any body know how to fix this problem if you know please help me

My grandson has an asus tab that won't charge or turn on anymore. Only had it 3mts. Help

I have my tablet for over 4 years, but after i install an upgrade, my tablet doesnt charge, but the screen is still on. Help me out

my tablet will not turn on. i charged it all night. i held down the power tab what usually works, but its not working. i dont have a clue on how to take out the battery. in need of some asisstance.

My tablet totally blank .I put it on charge but it is not charging

My tab2 also refuses to charge if the battery gets too low. This is how I fix mine.

Disconnect charger

Hold power button and volume up button for 30 seconds

Keep holding buttons while plugging in charger

Hold buttons for another 30 secs

Release power button keeping volume button pressed

Tab starts to charge

Bill

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly.

Amazing! Worked right away

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

mine didnt work

Omg! Worked perectly right away! Thank you so much for posting! I was going to go buy a new one. You saved me!

This problem has been recognized by Samsung, it's a factory thing, all You need to do, is open your tab, remove the battery cable for about 10 mins and plug it back again, unplug the screen from the motherboard, and charge it for about, two hours, then plug back the screen connector, and turn it on, if you see it works, turn off the tablet again, and plug in the power cord again, you'll see the charging animation starts, leave it charging for the time you think it's necessary to reach 100%, unplug the cable and turn it on, your tablet is alive, the only problem I've found about this, is that you'll need to turn the tablet completely off whenever you want to charge it, and finally this, VERY IMPORTANT! When your tablet is below 15 or 10% battery, charge it, because if you let the battery die, probably you'll have to do all the steps again.

This worked exactly as described with out Tab 7.0 - thanks much

@Droidman, where is the screen connector? I have already disconnected the belt from the battery but it didn't work. Where do I find the screen connector?

Thank you very much it worked perfectly. You have made a little 4 year old very happy. His tablet is his best friend with games and his school work. Happy new year.

ive only had the tab for one week and it wont turn on or charge thx if u help me with a solution,

Wait...your kid's TABLET is his best friend? Good lord...please tell me you aren't one of those parents who thinks an ipad or some other digital device substitutes as a babysitter or real human contact while you're on the computer.....

when you tablet or phone is not turning on you may want to try these steps -

first take out the battery if possible and wait for 1 min

if battery is not removable than press the power key and hold for 1 min

if it does not turn on than plug the charger for 10 min and wait

after charging try the hard power on again . press the power key for 1 min

for more help visit Fix phone not Turning On see if this care to fix your tablet . thanks

This Actually Worked Thank you @jaymiz1015

Worked for me... Big Thanks

Today is April 9, 2017 and still, this method work on my Samsung tab model TM-T210. Thank you so much

Had the same problem with my Tab 2,10.1 already have another OEM battery and charger ordered and on the way along with a tool kit for splitting the cases.. tried all the above tricks with no help.. figured what the heck, plugged it into my Apple charger (wrong voltage/amps) for a few seconds and seen it start charging, immediately plugged it back into my original charger and its continuing charging..yea!

cool imma try my moms thx

I read all of the comments after having purchased a new cord and adapter. Went home to locate the Samsung adapter. Using the Samsung adapter and Samsung cord the charging works fine. Without the Samsung adapter the tablet indicator says "Not charging"

i took the back off my tablet and just poped out the orange wires that were connected to the battery for about 5 minuets and then connected back and put my wire in a apple plug and it charged straight away. so happy that i found this i was going to go and buy a new tablet. life saver

What happened to the old charger? You dont specify what tablet it is or symptoms leading up to this point. Did you recently buy this tablet and it didnt come with a charger? If so there may be other issues such as the batterys may be expired. Care should be taken when buying a charger, and charging cables as well. There are cheap knock-off versions of genuine equipment out there and you have to be very careful what you buy because sometimes they simply do not do the job.

me to i got the same problem

i have the same problem please help!!

Me to i got the same problem. HELP

i have the same problem my tablet stopped charging and it's doesn't on some time it will hang , i have worked on it after 2weeks the same thing repeated again am tied of that and i don't no what to do.

didnt work it keeps birngimg up the battery and charges one bar and goes away

People are telling me that if you are have problems troubleshooting your device that to use a car charger is efficient I haven't tried it but I'm just passing on the suggestion hope it is helpful to anyone

Yep pulled it apart followed all the other instructions found on 500 different blogs bashed my head against the walls, and doing this fixed it.

Mine would not charge at all but took it in car put on. Charge and it worked. Only trouble is will not charge when on as get an X. So having to turn off.

Put it in the freezer it will get cold enough to hold a charge about 1520 minutes and plug it in

But when I buy a new samsung galaxy tab A6, should I charge it for 4 hours??

If your tablet refuses to charge it will not turn on due to lack of power, you either have a bad charger, or a loose/broken slot. Try holding the connector (part of the charger that plugs into the tablet) with your thumb pushing pressure away form you, while your index finger pushes the opposite side toward you. Since it has no power it will not automatically respond. So give it a few minutes to charge. If still no response in a total of 10 minutes in that position. You may want to start looking for a new charger.

Put it in the freezer 1520 minutes plug it in it will work

Oml!!! Thank-you so much! I almost bought a new charger (but now I don't have to!) when I would plug my tablet in to charge, a battery sign would pop up and then disappear without it filling up. Now, I tried that position and the battery fills up with blue ( I guess That means it's charging) thank-you!

This is an old thread, but hopefully it will help someone. The issue is that the tablet requires some battery life in order to enter charge mode. With most tablets this is typically around the 4% battery life mark. If you go below this point, the tablet does not have enough power to enter the charge state. This was a common problem for the Black Berry Playbook.

The solution is to use a rapid charger to boost it. The rapid charger that comes with the galaxy s6 or s7 will work. You can also try an external battery pack as they generally run on the same rapid charge principle.

Nothing else I tried worked. This worked immediately! Thank you! My fingers and thumbs were getting tired of holding in the power and/or volume buttons and that didn't work, anyway.

I remembered I had a Mega Chargers, external battery charger than I bought for my iPhone without realizing it didn't have the proper connection and had forgotten to return. I plugged it in and it started charging immediately.

I, also, just realized that I could have used this, (I presume?), on my Apple devices by using the cable that comes with them.

This has been a great learning experience.

I wonder, will a charger plugged into the car do the same thing or, will only an external rapid charger do this?

Thank you so much. This is so much easier, also, safer for the tablet than trying to pry off the back which, per YouTube, is very tricky and time consuming and, at least, one guy broke his tablet doing so.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!!!!

I used the charger of my old HTC mobile phone, it has the same slot, and tablet started charging straight away. Just thought to mention it , it may help someone. Thanks for the idea to use a mobile phone charger!

I've had the same problem. Three times. I can say that, twice out of them it has turned out to be the charging port. The connection between the tablet and theven charger. To get it fixed some, same day work phone shops will replace the damaged part.

The third time I got a small pin and cleaned away any dust and dirt from it and re connected the charger.

Hope this helps

Put it in the freezer 1520 minutes it will get cold enough to hold a charge plug it in it will work

My tablet wasn't turning on after I restarted it to change the sim card. So I pressed the power button for 30 seconds and plugged in the charger. Then suddenly it was charging and it displayed 100% so I turned it on and when it turned on it said 0% battery and tuned off again so I tried to push the power button for 30 secs again and waited for a minute or 2 then I plugged in the charger and It's charging again. Hope fully it will work

Try another power supply to plug your usb charger cord into. I plugged it into the one that charges my phone instead. Fixed!

tried it but it won turn on the charging screen appears (the one when its shut down) but when i try to turn it on the logo appears but....... it shuts down again tried it for about 10 times still didnt work

ok it is not ur charger it could be the battery which is replaceable heres a link for some. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...

if it is the charger port that is not so well which is fix-able but cost alot so it would be like buying a whole new engine for a 50,000 dollar car. that means you should just buy a new tablet

I was also in the similar position. Firstly I tried to rectify it myself , but when unsuccessful I called Samsung Customer care. They told me all the steps on phone , following which my problem was rectified. Concerned points I am enumerating below:-

--First, remove the SD Card and sim card.

--Press the Power button +Volume Up at the same time for at least 10 seconds.

--Release the power button when the Samsung logo pops up, but continue to hold the Volume Up until the recovery screen appears

Tried this and it didn't work so I reversed it and after I held the power and volume up button for a few seconds the battery symbol popped up so I released the volume up button while still holding the power button and it started charging.

it doesnt have a sim card

My tab is showing exact same problem. Solved it by holding the power button for 10 minutes when starting to charge it. This leaves the screen on just a little shorter at each (8-9 seconds) charging cycle attempt. After the 10 minutes the battery has this tiny bit more power allowing it to start the normal charging cycle, and showing it at the screen for a few seconds, as that is where the whole issue comes from I belief.

wow great it's really working. Thank you somuch.

I had this problem too but all I did was open my tablet and I blew on it and messed around with it then I put the lid back on ,and left it charging for like 10 minuets and then went back and pressed the power button and it turned on but it was on 4% so I left it charging until it got to 100%!

I had to take the back off mine take the battery out. Luckily when I put it all back together charged over night & switched back on. If battery is too hot & low percentage it closesthe while tho g down

Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes , it will get cold and hold a charge long enough to allow it to charge ..... trust me! Your welcome!!!!!

Put the Samsung in the freezer for 10 or 15 minutes it will force the battery to get cold enough to hold a charge longer enough to allow it to charge again

It's been a long time since I used my Samsung tablet. It wasn't showing anything, if it was charging nor booting... I tried some of the tricks posted above, no luck... so I decided to just hold the power button and after about 1 minute of holding down Power... Samsung logo showed so then I plugged the tablet. System was probably in deep sleep mode or something like that.. :) I tried to charge it before so when it booted up the charge was already at 86%...

SOLUTION

Using a Scosche LED charging cable helped to figure out that if I held POWER Button on it would seemingly charge for 4-5 seconds, then off for same, then on again. So I taped the POWER Button on & left it for 45 minutes or so & found it to be about 3/4 charged. Took tape off releasing Power Button still charging just fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

Sad that Samsung isn't fixing this problem. But they should at least figure out a way around it & share it with everyone. Another mega company that doesn't much give a ((*^&%$$@) about you after they got your money.

I have the same issue, with both of my tablets after using a charger I bought off of amazon. I tried the power button volume up thing, and that doesnt work. Im at a loss. I have 2 non working tablets now.

armendavil33 will be eternally grateful.