4 inch display / Available in a variety of colors / Released in 3 different models / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Battery draining and charging too soon!

My iPod Touch 64GB has been behaving poorly in terms of battery life since 5-7 months. It charges very soon to 100%(the battery icon changes to AC Power) but it never holds up its charge. I was foolish enough to not get it repaired in the warranty period but it was jailbroken so I didnt really bother. I know that it is not a software problem. But I have been using the 12W Apple Charger(genuine)..can that be the reason for all this? But the support page shows that it shouldnt affect battery. Anyways I think that I would have to replace the battery...is there anyway to do this or do I have to go to Apple Care and pay them?

Most Helpful Answer

If your iPod is jailbrocken. you can always unjailbreak it. by hitting restore when connecting it to itunes, and then get apple to fix it.... if it isnt jailbrocken when they get it there is no way of telling that it was jailbrocken in the past..... please email me if you need any more help :) astinmacdonald123@gmail.com :)

I have this problem too, and I'm fine since I carry a portable charger. But I would like to find out why this is happening. I kind of feel like it's just how it's designed because all iPod Touches and iPhones seem to have this problem.

my battery is draining too fast i charged it full and let it charged for a very long time but when i woke in the morning it was 20 percent

ikr i have done a full charge and it goes from 100% - 0% in 20-30 nmins. HELLP

I have the same problem but even worse...When I charge it does the total opposite. It drains battery.

Pranjal Jain will be eternally grateful.