Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

iPhone Gets Hot While Calls and Gameplay!

My iPhone 3G gets hot after about 2mins on calls and about 15mins during gameplay....is this normal????

If not, how do i go with repairs?

--Jeremy

I edited your post by adding your case gets mouldy

and i also added "If not, how do i go with repairs?

if you play games, it's normal that the phone, depending on the kind of game you play, needs a lot of power. So the battery gets uncharged quickly and gets warm and also the electronics on the logic board is getting warm.

Nearly the same when doing a call. I don't know where you live, but when the connection to the net is very low, or the antenna is covered, the phone will use more power to maintain a stable line. The rest is the same as above.

Is it getting warm, that's normal, or is it getting hot(like more than 40°C)?

Well.... I have a case on and i can feel the heat through the silicone case and the case's rubber gets a bit mouldy. P.S the phone works perfectly!

Jeremy Scalpello will be eternally grateful.