Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Test give me this error: 4SNS/1/C0000008: Th1H - - 124

Hello, first of all, my English is not so good...

I have a Macbook Pro mid 2012 model A1278 Serial's # last digits are DTY3

The hardware test give me this error: 4SNS/1/C0000008: Th1H - - 124

Can you tell me something about this error?

Thank You Very Much...

Pablo

It appears one of your temperature sensors has gone bad.

To debug the error code you need this writeup: AHT error codes. So in your case 4SNS is a system sensor after the : mark T is temperature and the h is heat pipe (heat sink).

I would install a good temperature sensors & fan monitoring software to double check things. I like Temperature Gauge which you can download from the Apps store. There are others out there that are just as good. See what it tells you and let us know too.

I recommend backing up your system and after that you may want to open your system up to inspect it for dust and debris build up on the fans & heat sink fins as well as the logic board it self. If things look clean then the sensor most likely needs to be replaced. It's a bit of work here as you need to pull the logic board out to get to the heat sink and you should apply a fresh coat of thermal paste on the chips if you go this far. Review this IFIXIT guide Heat Sink Replacement

If you do see a lot of stuff you should get a can of can'ed air and a soft paint brush to lightly scrub the fan, fins & logic board and using the can'ed air blowing out the junk.

I have the same issue and AHT result showed me the error :

4SNS/1/40000000: Th1H-127.875

can you please suggest what should I have to do in order to fix this ?

Can I perform thus fix at home or I have take my MAcbook pro to apple care support (my macbook pro is not under apple care plan)

Looking forward to your valuable comment to fix it.

Regards,

Harry

Did you install TG Pro (Temperature Gauge) what does it show? For less than $20 US it offers quite a lot of info to isolate the problem.

I have the same problem. I fix it using Macs Fan ( http://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-cont...) Although is not a fix, its a solution....I guess I need to be checking the temperature sensors on a hot day!

Software over-rides like this has proven to shorten the life span of your system as well as your cooling fan. I strongly recommend you don't use them!

Its best to isolate the root cause and fix it vs masking it!

Hi guys, an idiot question. If the temperature sensor doesn't work, how can u properly measure the temperature (CPU, ecc) and set the fans properly?

Marco

Pablo will be eternally grateful.