1

Aaric Chavez
13

Vita won't turn on. Solid orange charging light?

I have a Vita and it is not turning on. When plugged into the AC adapter the PS Button stays solid orange. When the power button is pressed it blinks once and goes back to being solid.

I bought this unit for super cheap. It was described as "Died one day and won't turn on". I've seen numerous Vitas with batteries that have been discharged below what the protection circuit limits and the Vita stops recognizing them. I figured that's what the issue was. Upon opening the Vita I discovered some corrosion underneath the shields, and some other indications of water/liquid damage. I cleaned the board off with >99% isopropyl alcohol. It did the same thing so I put the board into an ultrasonic cleaner and still nothing.

I've also gone through all the normal troubleshooting steps.(i.e. hol;d power for 30 secs, change cords, power+ps+vol up, etc.)

I have a feeling this particular system isn't coming back, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any components on the board that would go out first?

Thanks in advance!

**Also to note, the battery is actually being charged when plugged in. The voltage has gone up normally during the charging session/s.**

Did you ever find a solution? This is the same problem I'm having. Solid orange while charging, pressing power causes the PS button to blink off once then back to solid. When unplugged it seems completely bricked. I figure a new motherboard is needed. Also, I have already swapped out the battery, but have the same result.

Hotrian,

0

robertstroy
1

i have the same problem. when charger is plugged in and i press the power button the ps light lights brighter in orange and when i release the power buttton i goes back to solid orange

0

Alix
1

This just happened to mine after owning it for almost 2 years. Time to buy a new one.

:(

0

nbrereton
1

Started with the same problem of solid on orange light but unit not turning on.

Found that it is the on/off button not working not the level of charge.

Got mine on by plugging USB into computer rather than wall plug and pressing on button whilst connecting to PC.

Console turned on but now will not turn off, other problems now with other buttons. Touch screen working ok but none of the buttons or joysticks.

After a couple of days pratting around with restores, formatting etc some of the buttons and both joysticks now working.

Only bought her for xmas so loathsome to open her up unless Sony can't help. Awaiting return email.

0

100whitetiger001
1

I was able to fix the problem by using 2 ps vita's.

I had the same problem, if you put it on the charger it blinked once and went to solid orange.

I've opend the ps vita and disconnected the battery and the touch plate connector.

I did the same thing with my other ps vita (that wasn't broken) and replaced the broken ps vita battery with the working ps vita' battery.

So I connected the broken battery with the working ps vita.

When I charged it, my none-broken ps vita was able to charge the broken battery.

Meanwhile, I connected the battery of my none-broken ps vita to the broken ps vita and tried to boot it up. That's when I encountered the next problem.

the ps vita didn't boot up and there was an blue blinking light.

So I went to the recovery menu (R+power+psvita logo) and tried the first 3 options. But that didn't work.

So I installed the ps vita software on my pc and tried to update the system using usb.

I went back to the recovery menu and selected the last option to update the ps vita, and selected to update it from the pc.

It went good, the bar got filled, but when it wanted to restart the ps vita to resume the update in the ps vita menu. There was just a black screen with a solid blue light.

I turned the ps vita off, if you turn it back on you just go back to the recovery menu. So I realised that the ps vita couldn't turn himself off.

so I turned it of and disconnected the battery and waited a second or 2 and connected the battery back to the system.

when I turned it on the update resume in the ps vita menu (that menu with a green background) :D

After that it all worked. It could be that the ps vita tryed to shut back down because of the update and you get the same problem. But just do the same and disconnect an connect the battery to the system.

After that was done the broken ps vita battery was after a few hours fully charged, so I connected all the original parts to the broken ps vita.

and everything worked fine.

I hope I helped some people, because I also did searched the web but didn't found anything.

Edited by: 100whitetiger001 ( )