0

Marlene
33

My Honda Accord 2002 makes starting noise but won't turn over?

Its not the battery, alternator, spark plugs, or starter. It starts sometimes and then doesn't. My next step is electrical or voltage meter. Any suggestions?

Edited by: Marlene ( )

What happens when it won't start? Does it turn over but does not fire?How do you know that the parts you listed or okay?

a friend tested them. there's a possibility it could be my connectors to the battery so i got a new pair.

Marlene,

my car has no spark it turns over but wont catch its not my battery, alternator, spark plugs, or starter. My pcv valves. I had a friend that has some experience in american cars.

Marlene,

well it looks like my fuel filter needs to be replaced and i do not have the special tools you need, great

Marlene,

It was my ecu

Marlene,

0

Marlene
33

it ended up being a cylinder out my engine needs to be rebuilt. Also need a new ecu. Thank you all for your advice.

0

Jeff Horvath
25

Perhaps it is a vacuum leak? Vacuum leaks will cause the car to sound like it is going to stall or bog down a bit when idling. Vacuum leaks may also cause the car to idle higher due to the car having to work harder to force air through the motor.

Does your car start better in certain weather?

I would inspect any plastic pipes going into the motor as those are going to have to do with induction. PCV valves are a common culprit for issues like these.

Good luck

from what i can tell all the pcv valves seem to be in good shape

Marlene,

0

zatanstain1666
1

Marlene, Sounds to me it has to be something with the battery and starter. The starter will not turn without a power source {battery. 1st When you turn the key does the starter turn? If it turns but doesn't crank the engine, sounds like the starter solenoid is not engaging into the fly wheel. Do you live in an area with lots of rain? sometimes the solenoid gets water into it and the lubrication goes away. it also could be the terminals inside the starter solenoid being burned unevenly. Have you tried to turn the key and gently shock the starter with a dead blow hammer? If it engages, it probably is the solenoid.

my car turns over there is no spark

Marlene,