Where is the horn located under the hood, in the engine compartment?
My horn burnt out one sunny afternoon. Where is it under the hood to replace?
Is this a good question?
Jim, try this:
(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
(2) Raise and support the vehicle.
(3) Remove the front underbody splash shield.
NOTE: Remove the horn and its mounting bracket from the vehicle as a unit. Do not remove the horn from its mounting bracket.
(4) Remove the screw that secures the horn and mounting bracket unit to the radiator closure panel brace (Fig. 4).
(5) Lower the horn and mounting bracket unit far enough to access and disconnect the wire harness connector from the horn connector receptacle.
(6) Remove the horn and mounting bracket unit from behind the front bumper.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 16
Past 7 Days: 97
Past 30 Days: 309
All Time: 7,032