Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

red light flashes 10 or 11 times doesn't come back on

I have a 42 inch viera panasonic just cut off today its only 2 years old red light flashes 10 or 11 times doesn't come back on I hear the click for it to turn on but next I hear another click then light flashes tried cleaning it no help.

Somebody HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I didn't see any fans inside the tv

Most Helpful Answer

Curtis,

I have a 5 yr old Plasma by Panasonic. I had the same issue and spoke to a tv repairman. He informed me that a new circuit board would cost around $175 and a new Panasonic Plasma would be $400 so it wasn't worth getting a new circuit board. I was able to use a "band aid" solution below that seems to be working for now. I'm probably going to have to purchase a new tv within the next 2 years.

Try the following:

Unplug the TV for 1 minute and plug into a different power circuit, if possible, separate from the other components. Turn it on and it should work.

Try taking out the back cover and use a compressed air cleaner to clean all of the dust off the board.

Avoid powering off your tv and quickly turning it back on. The blinking light issue will surely occur.

A buddy gave me his '08 TH-42PZ80U when it started getting the 2 and 10 blink errors. I followed this Youtube channels advice; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8h...

TV powered up. Ordered the full capicator kit for $10 off eBay. The cheapest 42" Plasma I've ever owned.

my thp50vt20z kept turning off and red light flashing 11 times i un screwed the back and used my air compressor to blow out all the dust around the fans and everywhere now it works fine no trouble at all

10 "BLINKS"

It could possibly be the AUDIO board shutting down, as it sees either loud speaker going "short" or lower than the 8 ohm resistance... and safe-guard shuts-down the tv itself.

Unplug both speakers and check if unit works....

(In my case 43" Plasma, it was the TNPA4311 DG board shutting down to a low resistance OEM loud speaker .... Replaced left speaker with the correct 8 ohm and all good again.)

I have a.panasonic tcp5os2 that has 10 flashing a d gets 1 click and a few seconds day later a other click and that s it help

.Panasonic tc-p50s2 10 flashing and 1click then 1 more won't turn on need help took back off used and to blow out just still.the same

curtis will be eternally grateful.