Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

No Screen Display after replacing digitizer: HELP!?

Ok the phone was dropped and the front glass cracked. I ordered a digitizer online and replaced it myself. End result: right horizontal side of touch screen is non-responsive. I couldn't unlock the phone for a while nor turn it off (the slide bar followed my finger to the right side, but suddenly snapped back across the screen. Also, earpiece didn't work, yet headphone usage performed correctly. After reading previous answers on your site, I figured the digitizer might be bad (got it from Hong Kong) and that the 3 connectors weren't placed properly. So, I tried to fix the connectors and now there is no display at all - black screen.

it's possible that the digitizer is bad - can always happen with those cheaper parts (even if they are expensive)

when you write -> "no display at all - black screen"

does the iPhone react in any way ?

did a computer react when you plug it in via usb ??

amandamonique22 will be eternally grateful.