0

Christina
1

iPod won't turn on after replacement(black screen problem)

My ipod wont turn on after replacement. I have done this 4 times before and it works fine till now. The screen is black ,but itunes and my computer seems to reconize my ipod sometimes .The power button is broken so i can't use the reset thing. I have tried other screens , but it's still black.

The only thing seems to be ripped is the copper tape(near the camera) and the power button, the LCD is fine.

Please help :( The ipod is still alive , but the screen wont turn on. What could be the problem?

I will be greateful for every answers!

Edited by: Christina ( )

0

con

Try shorting the battery look on here how to do that

Do you have a link how to do that?

Christina,

So if someone have an answer I would be so happy

Christina,

The copper tape is for heat sync noting to do with the iPod not turning on if it's cut will have no affect on the iPod only it might get warm

con,

0

UglyMedic
1

If it was the copper tape located in the upper left under the screen that wraps under the board, that goes to your power button and volume buttons.

I speak from experience because I tore the same one when fixing my daughter's iPod.

If you, or someone you know is good at soldering, you may repair it. If not, then it's bad news, I'm afraid.

Thanks for answering. It's only the copper tape near the camera that is ripped. I can post some picture here inside of my ipod later , if some of you can see if something thats wrong. I really want to fix this thing..i know that the ipod is still alive(itunes and computer reconize the ipod) but is only the screen who wont turn on.. I don't have money to buy a new one yet and the marked wants $200 to fix any ipods. So i really hope that must be something that can fix it. I take any ideas - thanks

Christina,

That copper tape that wraps around the camera can be cut its only for grounding

con,

Ok, so i still haven't figure it out. I think i have to take it a a store and get this fixed if i can't fix it. If someone have the same problem or maybe have some ideas , i will be very glad for some answeres :)

Christina,

0

lex
1

mines doing the same thing. did you ever figure it out?

0

con

0

vanity Anaya
1

Idk either my is the first gen

0

Grant Johnson
1

If the copper tape between the power button and volume controls is ripped, your iPod is pretty much done. The cable can be replaced, but someone who is very good at soldering should do it. Back up your iPod to your computer so you won't lose stuff.

Edited by: Grant Johnson ( )