Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

The second iteration of Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet computers with a 7.0 inch screen.

samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 wont turn on

i was in the middle of checking my facebook when my tablet randomly turned of despite having full charge. i left it on charge for more than 3 days and still nothing. i tried holding down the buttons and even connecting it to the computer to see if they can recognise it but still nothing can anyone give me some tips on what to do ? x

same thing here i was on a game and it just turned off

by Josh Hedges

When I came back from walking the dog , it wouldn't turn on.

by Kyle

Just happened to mine too. Should be fully charged. Screen is black but twice when I hit the screen it made a ping sound but didn't turn on. Can someone help, please?

by Nanette

My Samsung galaxy Tab 2 7.0" ran out of battery so I left it for a few days, forgetting to charge it.. Now it wont turn on. I've tried holding down the power button and the volume up button for 30 seconds but still nothing? what do I do?

by Stephanie Jones

Same I need a fix

by benatkin03

Most Helpful Answer

Try the following, it is worked for me well.

Press & hold "Power & Volume" buttons same time for 15 seconds. Then it will turns on without any issues.

ya..it worked out.Thanks a lot.

by usharajappanf

I press and hold the Power and Volume buttons together for 10 seconds.Then it turned on.And again it went off.But I repeated the same for another 5 seconds.Then it turned on.Thank you.

by usharajappanf

Did not help. Nothing happened. Tablet did not switch on :(

by Marion K Pegasus

OMG!~!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I thought my poor tablet was gone forever!!! Thank you

by Brandie Dalton

It didn't work..... when I followed what u said .... it turned on but the screen completely frozed

by Mikuen Kagasune

hold the power button and vol. up button for thirty sec. while pluged into a computer

Thanks it helped a lot

by kriziapaltep

I did this but did not plug it into a computer, just a power source and it totally worked! Thank you!!!

by pearlyvictoria

Mine just had the same problem last week. This trick really helps. It's coming up now. THANKS A BUNCH.

by ktnwin2011

worked like a charm bro

by twistedhippy

Happened to me too with about 60% battery. Pinterest locked up and all of a sudden it was the black screen of death! Nothing from it until I plugged it into my PC and then just a battery flash. Took at least 5 minutes for it to respond with a Samsung flash. I kept trying the power button and the up volume and it finally booted up!

Exactly how much time did it take to get booted up because mine got a flash of battery than no response

by sandy pearl

my problem was that i could not turn on my samsung device no matter what i try'd. After few hours of trying i found something that might help you.What i did is i connected my device to charger and then waited a few minutes, then i pushed volume+ and power button,the screen turned on, it started charging in the samsung "charging screen". This problem is very common on samsung devices, one thing to prevent it is regularly charge your device, DO NOT LET IT TURN OFF BY ITSELF, Factory reset your device every 3-6 months.

Get a needle and charge the tablet, then use the needle to press the reset button on the top left side of the tablet and voila there you go a working tablet

!&&* no it didnt work!!!!

by nuwaemma

I thought Samsung was a good company! I will never look at them in the same light again... although I've got a slightly different (and worse) problem with my tab. If anyone here is thinking of buying one, DON'T. Sorry to say this Samsung, but you're tablet series was kind of a waste. If you're looking for a decent tablet, buy a Nexus 7. :)

I agree, DONT BUY A SAMSUNG TABLET!

by Mike Volt

To be honest I've had both he nexus 7 and the Samsung and out of those I would say the Samsung is slightly better. Certainly has better specs

by rictefl

Okay Well, probably. First of all, i have exactly same problem here With the same item!

My tablet was on 14 % charge, and i watched youtube... then it went black, and then i tried to turn it on, but its just showing the same thing again and again and again.... over and over....

so what is the problem?!

The only one that worked for me was the back off and disconnect the battery for 15secs

Same thing with mine! Help please! Just downloaded the owner's manual to look at troubleshooting, total waste of time! All it gives you is:

Troubleshooting

If your device has fatal errors, hangs up, or freezes, you may

need to reset the device to regain functionality.

• If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the

Power/Lock Key for 10 to 15 seconds.

Thanks Samsung for nothing!

thanks ! i got it on

by Spoorthy Puppam

tnx 4 d info...it works...

by mariellafegementiza

i recently put my tablet into the shop and was told it had water damage and needs a new motherboard, not too happy thou, and still needs to be fixed now!

A common problem Galaxy 3, and in Note 2 same components as tab 2

EMMC component (memory module) all information on the phone was lost.

There are labs that can repair and replace the component in the new one, a better version of the component

you can read about it

note 2 sudden death

This happened to me to!

But the problem I'm having is when I put the Samsung tablet 7.0 on charge it comes up with the loading symbol then the charging symbol then the screen turns black and then back to the loading symbol again, this goes on forever no matter how long I charge the tablet and how many buttons I press to try to turn it on it just won't.

I read up on it and looked on YouTube and people actually removed the back of the tablet and take out the battery leave it for an hour and then put it back in, this sort of resets the tablets battery yet doesn't remove any files or anything you need on the tablet.

If you look up on YouTube "How to remove a battery from Samsung Tablet 2" it should come up with a series of videos showing you the safest way possible to do so, if not just go to the store and get it checked out, or you get them cheap Indian repair shops on the corners in places in London who would happily do it on the spot and for cheap and maybe even tell you what's exactly wrong with it as they might have come across it before.

But please if anyone does find a easy, quick solution to this problem let me know.

I had the same problem with mine too and it was fixed by samsung service center by reloading the OS. Hard format.

try it or give it to nearest Samsung center.

mine working fine.

by Puneet Swarnkar

my Galaxy tab 2 was on when i left i put in charge then when i came back it was off then i try to turn on but its not working I try everything still wont turn on can someone help please ...

My 10.1 galaxy tab 2 frooze up so i tried to restart but when I pushed the power button nothing happened, so I held the power button down and screen went black and wouldnt turn back on. So I tried to troubleshoot with some youtube videos and notuing worked someone suggested replacing the battery, I did and still nothing . Been on charger for 2 weeks now and nothing. What the !&&* do I do. Lol

by arlovin1

There is no answer for this problem.

A few weeks back, my charger wire broke and my battery died so I left it for a week until my new one arrived in the mail. I plugged it in but this loading sign and battery sign keeps appearing constantly while it's on charge. I tried using a different Samsung plug but nothing seemed to work!

Can you help? Please tell me what I should do!

you could try a factory reset? my tablet was acting wierd like that too and then it just died all together. i went months without it until ai saw this post, tried the reset and it worked.. amazing.

by kimberlyrodgers7

Thank you guys so much.My daughter's tablet went out 2 day's ago.I didn't want to have to pay someone so I looked this up online.Held the power button along with volune button together for about 25 secs.And what do you know it turned on.Thank you again.

Model: SGT P100

First, remove the SD Card and sim card. Press the Power button +Volume Up at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Release the power button when the Samsung logo pops up, but continue to hold the Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select one from the four options as indicated on the picture above, press Home to choose the selection. I suggest that you simply reboot, this alone might do the trick.

The said procedure resurrected my tab:) Good luck!

My tablet, galaxy 2 7.0 went dead...tried everything from opening the back cover and disconnecting the battery and pressing the buttons plus connecting it to the PC,,,nothing works...I am about to throw it out the window..any new suggestions???

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 white I need help my charger got broke 4 or 5 months ago now

I buy a new charger I connected the charger to the scooket and to the tab but nothing came out

I pressed the power button for 5 minutes but nothing came out I searched on google what is the problem

I then try pressing the power button down and volume button but nothing came to it .

the charger name was p1000 2A travel charger for 10 pound .

please find help within 2 days

yeah, it did work out. The power and volume + press it about 15-20seconds, my samsung galaxy Tab 2 7.0 turn on.Thank you

My Samsung tablet don't turn on it is just flushing same sung please help

It gave me something funny it says Android system recovery < 3e>. Choose a package to install/ cache/lost+found

by Frans Brandt

Similar problems here: screen blacked, then refused to charge, would attempt to start but then the screen faded to black.

I followed the above instructions - restart button plus volume up - I got a green android icon with, what appeared to be its guts open (!!!). Selected 'factory reset' and it then went through a process of about 5 minutes of reconfiguration. I lost some photos and needed to reinstall some apps.

I think this was a good outcome, and an easy DIY fix.

Still love my Samsung!

How bla I wanna see the answers not answer the question that I don't know how to fix

Hi my samsung galaxy tab 2 chargers up and all looks okay until you press an ap and then it starts up again I've tried pressing power and volume I've tried pressing the reset button

Help please

I got the back off and pulled out the battery. Left battery out for an hour. Put battery back in. Left power off and plugged into charger. Is currently charging and turned on. We will see if this fixed it completely.

I have a samsung GTP3100. I was using it while it was charging. suddenly it switched off , then it switched on its own. this thing kept on happening with me until i saw that my tab is on charging and when i switch it on it shows the samsung logo with the blue flashing from the back. This thing keeps on appearing until the tab's battery runs off(when not charging) and when its charging it keeps on appearing and my tab becomes very hot. This is happening with me since paat 20days. Please help me.

my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 wouldn't turn on or charge

my tab froze and something about os application came up so i pressed the volume button up now it won't do anything

hello and perhaps gone the battery, but you can try to scaccare pin battery, then press the power button like you have to turn on the fact that, reconnect the battery and test if it comes on sometimes works

Heya .I was also playing agame when it happened . not sure why it happend however i was looking for help while i was leaving it in the fridge for 1 min(to cool down) then i had it with me under my blanket(to warm up ) . i booted it and it worked.

P.S. make sure u dont let it get too cold or hot , will dmg system . also make sure it is enough or nothing will change ...

This can be resolved by leaving your Galaxy Tab to charge over night. If you let the battery run too "dry" ie. if you haven't used your table for a long time (6 months or more) the battery requires a long time to charge up. My tablet wasn't showing ANY signs of life before 2-3 hours of charging up, then it woke up and is now been working normally ever since.

i have a samsung galaxy tab 2...it died and ever since does not turn back on, i have tried charging it the entire night as well as charge it on my p.c and hold the lock button and both volume buttons. nothing seems to be working, my tab is not charging neither coming on...please help

hello home more volume button on most ignition resetare factory but if you have a custom rom (home more volume in June on and you put it in bootloader and then flash with odin not forget to do a reset after it flashed risk could crash

The above fix didn't work for me. I hold down the power and volume button and nothing... Well not nothing the Flash for the camera flashes every 10 sec or so.

talia stanley will be eternally grateful.