Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

The second iteration of Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet computers with a 7.0 inch screen.

samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 wont turn on

i was in the middle of checking my facebook when my tablet randomly turned of despite having full charge. i left it on charge for more than 3 days and still nothing. i tried holding down the buttons and even connecting it to the computer to see if they can recognise it but still nothing can anyone give me some tips on what to do ? x

same thing here i was on a game and it just turned off

by Josh Hedges

When I came back from walking the dog , it wouldn't turn on.

by Kyle

Just happened to mine too. Should be fully charged. Screen is black but twice when I hit the screen it made a ping sound but didn't turn on. Can someone help, please?

by Nanette

My Samsung galaxy Tab 2 7.0" ran out of battery so I left it for a few days, forgetting to charge it.. Now it wont turn on. I've tried holding down the power button and the volume up button for 30 seconds but still nothing? what do I do?

by Stephanie Jones

Same I need a fix

by benatkin03

Most Helpful Answer

Try the following, it is worked for me well.

Press & hold "Power & Volume" buttons same time for 15 seconds. Then it will turns on without any issues.

Happened to me too with about 60% battery. Pinterest locked up and all of a sudden it was the black screen of death! Nothing from it until I plugged it into my PC and then just a battery flash. Took at least 5 minutes for it to respond with a Samsung flash. I kept trying the power button and the up volume and it finally booted up!

my problem was that i could not turn on my samsung device no matter what i try'd. After few hours of trying i found something that might help you.What i did is i connected my device to charger and then waited a few minutes, then i pushed volume+ and power button,the screen turned on, it started charging in the samsung "charging screen". This problem is very common on samsung devices, one thing to prevent it is regularly charge your device, DO NOT LET IT TURN OFF BY ITSELF, Factory reset your device every 3-6 months.

hold the power button and vol. up button for thirty sec. while pluged into a computer

Get a needle and charge the tablet, then use the needle to press the reset button on the top left side of the tablet and voila there you go a working tablet

Same thing with mine! Help please! Just downloaded the owner's manual to look at troubleshooting, total waste of time! All it gives you is:

Troubleshooting

If your device has fatal errors, hangs up, or freezes, you may

need to reset the device to regain functionality.

• If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the

Power/Lock Key for 10 to 15 seconds.

Thanks Samsung for nothing!

thanks ! i got it on

by Spoorthy Puppam

tnx 4 d info...it works...

by mariellafegementiza

i recently put my tablet into the shop and was told it had water damage and needs a new motherboard, not too happy thou, and still needs to be fixed now!

A common problem Galaxy 3, and in Note 2 same components as tab 2

EMMC component (memory module) all information on the phone was lost.

There are labs that can repair and replace the component in the new one, a better version of the component

you can read about it

note 2 sudden death

This happened to me to!

But the problem I'm having is when I put the Samsung tablet 7.0 on charge it comes up with the loading symbol then the charging symbol then the screen turns black and then back to the loading symbol again, this goes on forever no matter how long I charge the tablet and how many buttons I press to try to turn it on it just won't.

I read up on it and looked on YouTube and people actually removed the back of the tablet and take out the battery leave it for an hour and then put it back in, this sort of resets the tablets battery yet doesn't remove any files or anything you need on the tablet.

If you look up on YouTube "How to remove a battery from Samsung Tablet 2" it should come up with a series of videos showing you the safest way possible to do so, if not just go to the store and get it checked out, or you get them cheap Indian repair shops on the corners in places in London who would happily do it on the spot and for cheap and maybe even tell you what's exactly wrong with it as they might have come across it before.

But please if anyone does find a easy, quick solution to this problem let me know.

I had the same problem with mine too and it was fixed by samsung service center by reloading the OS. Hard format. try it or give it to nearest Samsung center. mine working fine.

by Puneet Swarnkar

I thought Samsung was a good company! I will never look at them in the same light again... although I've got a slightly different (and worse) problem with my tab. If anyone here is thinking of buying one, DON'T. Sorry to say this Samsung, but you're tablet series was kind of a waste. If you're looking for a decent tablet, buy a Nexus 7. :)

I agree, DONT BUY A SAMSUNG TABLET!

by Mike Volt

my Galaxy tab 2 was on when i left i put in charge then when i came back it was off then i try to turn on but its not working I try everything still wont turn on can someone help please ...

My 10.1 galaxy tab 2 frooze up so i tried to restart but when I pushed the power button nothing happened, so I held the power button down and screen went black and wouldnt turn back on. So I tried to troubleshoot with some youtube videos and notuing worked someone suggested replacing the battery, I did and still nothing . Been on charger for 2 weeks now and nothing. What the !&&* do I do. Lol

by arlovin1

Okay Well, probably. First of all, i have exactly same problem here With the same item!

My tablet was on 14 % charge, and i watched youtube... then it went black, and then i tried to turn it on, but its just showing the same thing again and again and again.... over and over....

so what is the problem?!

A few weeks back, my charger wire broke and my battery died so I left it for a week until my new one arrived in the mail. I plugged it in but this loading sign and battery sign keeps appearing constantly while it's on charge. I tried using a different Samsung plug but nothing seemed to work!

Can you help? Please tell me what I should do!

you could try a factory reset? my tablet was acting wierd like that too and then it just died all together. i went months without it until ai saw this post, tried the reset and it worked.. amazing.

by kimberlyrodgers7

Thank you guys so much.My daughter's tablet went out 2 day's ago.I didn't want to have to pay someone so I looked this up online.Held the power button along with volune button together for about 25 secs.And what do you know it turned on.Thank you again.

Model: SGT P100

First, remove the SD Card and sim card. Press the Power button +Volume Up at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Release the power button when the Samsung logo pops up, but continue to hold the Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select one from the four options as indicated on the picture above, press Home to choose the selection. I suggest that you simply reboot, this alone might do the trick.

The said procedure resurrected my tab:) Good luck!

There is no answer for this problem.

Score -1

talia stanley will be eternally grateful.