0

Courtney
1

Wont turn on and says download custom OS

One day it turned off and I tried holding down the power and volume up it says it needed to download a custom OS or press down on the volume button for restart and everytime I go to restart it just stays at the 'samsung' screen and when I go to download it will just stay on the screen of the android character and says downloading but will just stay like that until it turns off, please someone help

mine is the same, just dont no what to do, there is no help, all because of a stupid update, which i never wish i had done , help needed please

karen,

1

davidlabbott2
313

Try holding the power button until it powers down (more than ten seconds). You've booted into download mode. Once powered down, plug it into the charger and leave it alone for a few hours. Then attempt boot. Let me know what happens.

Edited by: davidlabbott2 ( )

My Samsung i997 infuse 4 Here's a problem I help me please. Warning! A custom OS can cause critical problem in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.

sergey,

It's volume up, not down. Volume down is for installing custom roms. Hold volume up, home, and power.

teamadkins2,

What's d solution for d question above? I use galaxy tab 2.10.1 n hv same custom os issue n it restarts n stays on d Samsung screen until power drains n same continues evn after again restating it.

pratik,

1

Jasper Sharp
13

You want to press VOLUME UP, power and home buttons. Hold until you see Samsung then release. You are booting up in download mode by mistake.

0

jessa
1

my galaxy tab 2 wont on .. i try to hold the power button but evertime i start it it just stays at the "samsung" and when i hold the vulome up and power it says download custom os and when i downloaded it , it just still downloading but nothing happens .. please help me to solve this .. asap .. thanks

this all is happening same with my phone GT-S5282 please help

Himangi,

0

lannister
1

it is a custom operating system. There are developers who take samsungs software and rewrite it the way they like it. Or they take stock Android and load it to the device with some modifications... These custom OS's are called custom ROMs by tech community

Edited by: Walter Galan ( )

0

vivvalicious95
1

This is exactly what happened to me. I can't turn on my samsung galaxy ace duos. Whenever I press the power button, it starts and keep freezing at the Samsung screen. A few minutes before this happened, I have downloaded a few fonts from the internet. Is it possible that this problem may due to the downloaded applications? Then what should I do? I tried to press the vol key + power key and it says that I need to download the custom OS. I am afraid that if I download this thing the phone will still be just the same. Or.... getting worse (lose all the memory) Now, I cant start my phone anymore. I just cant live without it :((

This is the problem i have with my phone:/

Angel lowery,

0

Akriti Vaid
1

One day it turned off and I tried holding down the power and volume up it says it needed to download a custom OS or press down on the volume button for restart and everytime I go to restart it just stays at the 'samsung' screen and when I go to download it will just stay on the screen of the android character and says downloading but will just stay like that until it turns off, please someone help and i tried charging it and switching it on again but it is still stuck at the samsung logo. i need all the data stored in it urgently.

0

Frank Haas
1

If you saved all the info to the sd card..plug phone into computer go to My Computer and right click on the Samsung phone and download the info to your computer.

my PC couldn't read data from my tablet ,, by the way i have he same problem

Nahla elmatrawi,

0

Emma Shrubb
1

I am having the same sort of problem. I went to go cancel by pusing down but went up instead. I need to cancel this and it wont power down. I need help ASAP!!!

0

Jan Kandrac
1

if you want to download a custom os press the volume up key

samsung galaxy note 2

Jan Kandrac,

0

Ayesha
1

thank you

david soo much i had the same thing as courtney

thank youu

0

Azka Asif
1

galaxy tab 3 turns off on its on even though battery is fully charged. is it some bug or I am mistreating it ? please advise.Thanks

0

skittulit08
1

I also have problem with my samsung note 10.1.. I was browsing the net when suddenly my screen turned black and when it come on the samsung galaxy welcome screen come back on a blinking mode. I tried pressing all the buttons to restart it but it wont shut down.. until I got the msge saying "warning! A custom os can cause critical problems in phone and installed apps.... etc.............. " and its asking me to press volume down to cancel the download and volume up to continue....

so when I pres the volume down to cancel it went back to the welcome screen...

but when I press the volume up the ODIM MODE scfeen appears and it says downloading but I keep waiting but nothing happens....

Can anyone help me please..

0

mohd faeyz
1

how to download system os of samsung galaxy y gt-s5360 if in situation the phone never power on.......i had try the step but nothing respon from the mobile...please help me....

0

muzammil
1

plz my tab full set

0

Mac
1

I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 and the same message of custom os appear by mistake I clicked download and now its stuck. I tried to turn off as david said but I can't :(:( i don't know what to do :(:(:(:(

0

Steven Slick Calvetti
1

I have a galaxy tab 4 sm-t230nu and my little boy set a pass code on it and now we cant get on the tab anymore. oh and I already tried pressing the power vol up key and home button but it would just turn on and go straight to the enter pin screen. so I tried the home key vol up key and power button and then it took me to a whole different menu it gave me the warning and says if you wan to download a custom OS press the vol up button to continue so i pressed the vol up button and it took me to a different screen where it shows the android and says its downloading but there is nothing happening I left it alone for about a hour or so and was still on the same screen. I could really use some help with this please!!!

You have to press the volume up button and the home button at the same time. THEN it will take you to the sytemm recovery then you press reboot now and it will reboot your tab then no pascode will be on it

wsedfg,

0

jawid
1

I have same problem please let me know the correct solution plzz

0

TeaToxTime
1

Hi, I had the same problem with my S4. Whenever the phone goes off and I try to turn it back on the annoying 'Warning' Custom os comes on and I couldn't turn my phone on.

I read a few articles and discovered that it has to do with your volume button. I dropped my phone a few days ago and read that if the volume button is stuck that this happens. So I went to the kitchen and go a sharp knife, put the blade to the side of the volume button and pulled it up on both ends, to my amazement, the phone turned on!!! (make sure its plugged in because whilst that warning is on the phone doesn't charge)

Now I have to go and get my volume button looked at because it is a stuck volume key that causes this. It must be a secret sequence that the phone companies use to change an os. I also read that Knox program can cause it, nevertheless, the volume button release worked.

Hope that helps.

0

Amy Theobald
1

Jasper Sharp has the correct fix!!! Whoooo hoooo thank you!!!

0

renish
1

How long it will tak time to restart once t s n d process of downloading.... I connected it wit charger too... Pls help me out wit reply

0

Dee
1

Same problem here. I pressed the volume key, home key, and volume up key all at the same time. My Galaxy S4 phone. I was able to reboot it, but now it's in safe mode. All of my apps are gone!

0

lyzziescharmed
1

my glaxay tab 3 is in teamwin mode after i press the volume up power and home button and when i go to reboot it keeps telling me NO OS INSTALLED SURE YOU WANT TO REBOOT... how can i install the os back into my tablet please help !!!????!!!!

0

riyaz fidai
1

helow actually i hv a problem in my samsung galaxy grand duos that when i press home button lock screen and volume down button the screen appears nd instead of status in custom status is official how can i make it custom ?