Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

Doesn't turn on and says to download custom OS.

One day my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 turned off, and I tried holding down the power and volume buttons. It said it needed to download a custom OS or press down on the volume button for restart. Every time I go to restart it just stays at the "Samsung" screen and when I go to download, it will just stay on the screen of the Android character. It says it's downloading, but it will just stay like that until it turns off. Please help.

mine is the same, just dont no what to do, there is no help, all because of a stupid update, which i never wish i had done , help needed please

did you lose everything you had on your phone after you downloaded the custom os?

Mine did too idk what is happening

mine too.and it a new phone i got two month back.i just dont know how to tell my dad.

i havesame problem no so wat should i do to make my samsung grand to be ok

You want to press VOLUME UP, power and home buttons. Hold until you see Samsung then release. You are booting up in download mode by mistake.

Thank you so much for your answer, it worked :)

Won't do anything but if I push volume down the warning comes on. How long do I need to hold it?

Worked, thanks!

Omg thanks sooooo much it worked

I did that but it said no command

Our phones aren't exactly similar so. What works for the other might not work for you. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Note that what I have is a TABLET, not a phone. According to the Samsung's site Help category,

in order to go to the selection of Resetting (i.e., Wipe cache partition, factory reset, reboot system) I must hold the POWER BUTTON & VOL. UP together.

However, holding them 'caused my device to head onto "Custom Os installation".

I figured out, what if I try holding the vol. down instead of vol. up?

Now, that was when it went to the selection of Resetting.

So, in simpler words: Try changing it up.

What worked for me:

Hold POWER BUTTON + VOL. UP = CUSTOM OS INSTALLATION

Hold POWER BUTTON + VOL. DOWN = ANDROID FACTORY RESET SELECTION

Remind you, this is what worked for my Samsung Tab 2 10.1.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 but my volume down button is bust

i have a galaxy tab 3 and none of these have worked..i disconnect the battery for a few minutes then charge battery up to 100% it still wont switch on unless the charger is connected..as soon i unplug it from the charger it goes off then i have to repeat it all again.

@Betty Swollocks. You need to replace the usb connector module on your Tab 3. It's the part on your phone which receives the input from your charger. From the outside of the phone, you can only see the little mico-USB female input jack. But the phone has to be opened and taken apart. There's an entire charging module at the bottom of the phone which must be replaced. Not sure what it would cost where you are, but it should not be more than $30 for the part, plus add labor charges.

Well done yasmien019 ! You have to use the opposite volume key....then it allows you the choices needed to wipe the partition. Well done!!!!

Thank u so much yasmine, u really solved a big issue for me. this error occurred in my samsung s7 edge. it is very new phone and it happend suddenly but now its working according to your way. Thank u so much

Try holding the power button until it powers down (more than ten seconds). You've booted into download mode. Once powered down, plug it into the charger and leave it alone for a few hours. Then attempt boot. Let me know what happens.

My Samsung i997 infuse 4

Here's a problem I help me please.

Warning!

A custom OS can cause critical problem in phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.

It's volume up, not down. Volume down is for installing custom roms. Hold volume up, home, and power.

What's d solution for d question above?

I use galaxy tab 2.10.1 n hv same custom os issue n it restarts n stays on d Samsung screen until power drains n same continues evn after again restating it.

Mine does the same. It is a galaxy Note 10.1. Took it to our "Gadget Tech" guy and he couldn't even fix it. Tried to restart the operating system, but no go. It must be a really bad problem with Galaxys.

i have samsung galaxy s duos . and i am also stuck on downloading process. i wanted to know that what exactly is downloading

If you saved all the info to the sd card..plug phone into computer go to My Computer and right click on the Samsung phone and download the info to your computer.

my PC couldn't read data from my tablet ,, by the way i have he same problem

Remove Your Battery And Reinsert It If This Not Work

Download vrootenglish.apk in Computer And Boot Your Device into Downloading Mode Connect Your Computer With Your Mobile And Copy This Apk File To Device It Will Automatically Install It Then Long Press Power Button To Turn Off Device Reboot It Then Baam Your Device Is Formated And Rooted And Device Will Work Properly

My phone just kept turning on and off from the samsung screen. I was afraid I was going to lose everything! I switched batteries, everything is back to normal with the different battery. The other battery is garbage.

if you held home volume up and power and it said download custom os then shut it off again and hold volume down home and power

I think it's that the volume buttons are different on this tablet

THIS IS THE SOLUTION! WOW Thanks you so much! I felt myself really bad because I got those options below. But this Volume Down haha worked! thanks!

Hold the power button + volume button down + home button all at the same time

if you open up the back of your tablet you will see a cord well not a thick but a thin one with colours on it it leads to the battery it might be hard to pull it up and out but if you use a tooth pick like i do or anything thin enough to get under it , you can leave it out for as long as you want then put it back in whe your ready then turn it on it should be alright

p.s if you didnt get this message clear enough just go on youtube and look search how to remove your battery samsung

just press download then press and hold down the power key when it shuts off press and hold again when something in the left corner appears just press and hold the power key and the home key together and when ti turns off press and hold the volume key the down side and the home key and it will turn on . hope this helped

Hi, I had the same problem with my S4. Whenever the phone goes off and I try to turn it back on the annoying 'Warning' Custom os comes on and I couldn't turn my phone on.

I read a few articles and discovered that it has to do with your volume button. I dropped my phone a few days ago and read that if the volume button is stuck that this happens. So I went to the kitchen and go a sharp knife, put the blade to the side of the volume button and pulled it up on both ends, to my amazement, the phone turned on!!! (make sure its plugged in because whilst that warning is on the phone doesn't charge)

Now I have to go and get my volume button looked at because it is a stuck volume key that causes this. It must be a secret sequence that the phone companies use to change an os. I also read that Knox program can cause it, nevertheless, the volume button release worked.

Hope that helps.

on my note 4 this happened when in recovery mode i selected reboot to bootloader, to fix i went back into recovery mode and selected reboot system now instead, worked fine

I tried rebooting but my droid says NO COMMAND. I can't do anything to my galaxy s4 its stuck on the globe when restarting and stays like that. so when downloading the OS do I need my sims card in it to get internet?

remove the battery this will reset your phone

i hope this help you out.

Open the tablet up and disconnect the power cell for a few minutes. I was also suck on the downloading screen and after I hooked the power cell back up it started as usual with no problem.. hope it works for you as well!

Hold power button no volume keys then plug in charger the turn it on

So I had this frustrating experience as well. On some models of the galaxy tab 3 the volume up button is the one farther from the power button (you can test that in regular mode). Then voila all the other instructions I read online make sense to select factory reset and then reboot.

Try this it worked for me. Take the back off of the phone so you can remove the battery. Start the phone. When the window comes up to download the OS app. Push the volume up key to start the download. Let run for 10 seconds then remove the battery and keep it out for a minimum of one minute. Put battery back in. Before reassembling the phone. Start it up. It should come on and not be in safe mode. May have to try again. This worked for me. PS. If you shut down. You will have to do this again.

just reset it and you phone will be ok.

how to reset

volume down bottom click not cancel and not restart my galaxy samsung tab s 8.4 model?

Courtney will be eternally grateful.