Samsung Galaxy S III

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

phone will not sync with pc but will charge

when i plug my phone into the pc all it does is charge and will not recognize my phone. I've tried re-installing the driver multiple times and still nothing. i need some help please!!!

Go to settings, press "more.." select USB Connection, press button, then plug in phone to pc.

Also go http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ for Kies that bypasses all that. If that doesn't work then replace your cable with a "data cable". You also might be using a charging cable which doesn't have data support connecters in it.

This one will work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-USB-data-l...

I know it says for HTC, but its for all micro usb ports.

Why, if I have the updates I am supposed to have, my Samsung Galaxy III will still not work with Kies or Kies 3

by Vicki

Have you tried doing this on a different computer? And then a different cable? If still not then either your usb port on your phone is broke somehow or the anroid os is corrupt.

by Nerd Squad Member

I'm having the same problem. I have tried the phone with a different computer, and it works on that computer. I have downloaded the appropriate version of Kies, the same one I'm using on the other computer. Still, my primary computer does not recognize the phone in anyway. The phone itself shows that it is plugged in and charging. Where do I proceed from here? There are a lot of suggestions on this thread, but many of them do not apply to my situation. Where do I start?

by Amy Brand

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like either the cord your using is for charging only or your computer does not have the necessary drivers to talk to the phone. Try using a different cord first. Then use a different USB outlet. If still no then we got to get a little more technical.

I have this problem sometimes and have come to realise it is usually caused by the PC using the wrong driver for the device. The device manager in Windows lists hardware and what drivers are installed. This may help you see what driver the device is currently using.

I have downloaded the correct drivers for my dtevice and have installed them correctly. I have noticed that sometimes Windows will update the usb driver for my device and install their own microsoft driver which causes the device to not be recognized by pc, but allows you to charge the device. I fix this problem in device manager by uninstalling the device. Next I reboot the operating system and the PC usually will install the correct drivers and my device is again recognized on the PC.

So make sure you are using the correct drivers for your phone or the PC will likely not recognize the phone and will only charge it's battery. Make sure you have the proper cable too.

Well, I'll be damned; the solution is EASY -- just use a different USB cable! I just had this same problem -- connected my Smartphone to my computer via a USB cable and expected the Smartphone to show up on my computer as a Portable Device -- just as it had done in the past; but NOTHING happened! My phone showed that it was charging, but there was no connection with my computer. Finally, I went and got another USB cable and used it. EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!! The phone showed up on my computer -- with all the folders and files. Just to test, I tried the first USB cable again -- NOTHING (except charging)! Used the other USB cable, and everything works just fine! I have absolutely no idea why the CABLE makes the difference; the only noticeable difference is that the first cable wire is thin, and the second cable wire is thick -- why that would make any difference, I don't know. Now, I know -- just use a USB cable that works!

My computer will charge my phone but will not sync. I am using the charging cable, the phone is a little over a year old, I've used that cord since the purchase of the phone and have not had a problem until about a month ago.

And Kies for whatever reason will not work either, it will not finish loading, indicating a problem with the USB and i have tried a different USB cord as well.

would like to syncronize my samsung galaxy s 3 with my PC

Will not sync to my galaxy s5 ..it said USB device not recognized what do I do ? Help

by Elizabeth

I have 3 phones that have developed this problem. I updated all 3 phones with kies. When done updating they would no longer be recognized. It was 2 s3 and 1 note 3.

Reboot the computer and remove battery from phone unplug usb then restart computer when it is booted back up put battery back then turn phone on then try connecting it! make sure if it asks what type of connection you select either disk drive or usb not usb tethering!

Hello I Have read these threads top to bottom. And can't come up with a fix. All the drivers I have uninstalled and changed 4 cords. I don't have another computer though. It charges fine on the wall or on the computer. But will not recognize the device.

Could my Usb port be broken? I normally wouldn't mind but recently my supersu lost its binary and I cannot find any way around not using a pc.

I just spent 35$ on updated Windows drivers because my computer sucks!!!!!!! But now I'm getting the feeling that that was a big waist of money.

I also just bought a LG stylo and bricked it first day using flashify. Lol

So I'm back with the trusty dusty galaxy s3 sph-L-710 and ran into this issue.

chad will be eternally grateful.