Samsung Galaxy S III

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

phone will not sync with pc but will charge

when i plug my phone into the pc all it does is charge and will not recognize my phone. I've tried re-installing the driver multiple times and still nothing. i need some help please!!!

http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/?...

Go here and download whatever you need. After hours of struggling and everything failed, I downloaded the app that allowed me to transfer all the files from my old phone to the new one.

by Seonyoung Lee

"I have just experienced same kind of problem for my Samsung Galaxy S3-SGH i747. I overcome this issue by:

Go to dial pad & type *#0808#

It displays USB settings

Select MTP+ADB option

Press OK button

Connect to USB cable to PC

It shows Connected as a media device."

Found this and it worked like a charm baby!!! These guys are experienced app developers, thus they know more than us lol

by Ian Reid

@Ian Reid this worked instantly! Thanks dude!

by Mads Thodsen

Thanks Ian Reid :)

Now my device is 'connecting' for the last 30 mins :(

by Pavan Shroff

@Pavan Shroff I think u have a complete different problem then, maybe it's just a bad phone u got because this worked for me like asap. And it worked for multiple other ppl. Sorry fam

@Mads Thodsen u're welcome man, I owe the credit to the guys from android stack exchange...they're awesome :D

by Ian Reid

Go to settings, press "more.." select USB Connection, press button, then plug in phone to pc.

Also go http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ for Kies that bypasses all that. If that doesn't work then replace your cable with a "data cable". You also might be using a charging cable which doesn't have data support connecters in it.

This one will work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-USB-data-l...

I know it says for HTC, but its for all micro usb ports.

Why, if I have the updates I am supposed to have, my Samsung Galaxy III will still not work with Kies or Kies 3

by Vicki

Have you tried doing this on a different computer? And then a different cable? If still not then either your usb port on your phone is broke somehow or the anroid os is corrupt.

by Nerd Squad Member

I'm having the same problem. I have tried the phone with a different computer, and it works on that computer. I have downloaded the appropriate version of Kies, the same one I'm using on the other computer. Still, my primary computer does not recognize the phone in anyway. The phone itself shows that it is plugged in and charging. Where do I proceed from here? There are a lot of suggestions on this thread, but many of them do not apply to my situation. Where do I start?

by Amy Brand

i cancelled the program connecting it by accident is there a way to get it running again?

by jervel sealys

Wow, the cable really was my problem! Apparently I was trying to use a cable that only charges the phone and doesn't have data support connectors in it so I switched to another cable that is thicker than my current one and it works now!! Thank you so much!

by Aneishka Maldonado

I have this problem sometimes and have come to realise it is usually caused by the PC using the wrong driver for the device. The device manager in Windows lists hardware and what drivers are installed. This may help you see what driver the device is currently using.

I have downloaded the correct drivers for my dtevice and have installed them correctly. I have noticed that sometimes Windows will update the usb driver for my device and install their own microsoft driver which causes the device to not be recognized by pc, but allows you to charge the device. I fix this problem in device manager by uninstalling the device. Next I reboot the operating system and the PC usually will install the correct drivers and my device is again recognized on the PC.

So make sure you are using the correct drivers for your phone or the PC will likely not recognize the phone and will only charge it's battery. Make sure you have the proper cable too.

Sounds like either the cord your using is for charging only or your computer does not have the necessary drivers to talk to the phone. Try using a different cord first. Then use a different USB outlet. If still no then we got to get a little more technical.

Well, I'll be damned (I line I got from the move Hunt for Red October); the solution is EASY -- just use a different USB cable! I just had this same problem -- connected my Smartphone to my computer via a USB cable and expected the Smartphone to show up on my computer as a Portable Device -- just as it had done in the past; but NOTHING happened! My phone showed that it was charging, but there was no connection with my computer. Finally, I went and got another USB cable and used it. EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!! The phone showed up on my computer -- with all the folders and files. Just to test, I tried the first USB cable again -- NOTHING (except charging)! Used the other USB cable, and everything works just fine! I have absolutely no idea why the CABLE makes the difference; the only noticeable difference is that the first cable wire is thin, and the second cable wire is thick -- why that would make any difference, I don't know. Now, I know -- just use a USB cable that works!

I also! I've been trying for hours, doing different things to get the phone connected to the pc. I found this site so I tried a different cable and dang! I don't know why the other cable doesn't work but the cable that does now has status above the other.

by sgrams

First cable has charging connectors only

Second cable has charging connectors as well as data connectors which makes the wire comparitively thick.

by hannadshad

My computer will charge my phone but will not sync. I am using the charging cable, the phone is a little over a year old, I've used that cord since the purchase of the phone and have not had a problem until about a month ago.

And Kies for whatever reason will not work either, it will not finish loading, indicating a problem with the USB and i have tried a different USB cord as well.

Reboot the computer and remove battery from phone unplug usb then restart computer when it is booted back up put battery back then turn phone on then try connecting it! make sure if it asks what type of connection you select either disk drive or usb not usb tethering!

Hey, That's Great . It actully worked.

GOOD Job Guys !!

Go to dial pad & type *#0808# It displays USB settings Select MTP+ADB option Press OK button Connect to USB cable to PC It shows Connected as a media device."

It works !!

by pappu pager

its not work. what I do now. my mobile phone is Samsung galaxy note III

please help me

by dncruma

*#0808# ya this is showing the list

1)MTP

2)MTP+ADB

3)PTP

4)PTP+ADB

5)RNDIS+DM+MODEM

6)RMNET+DM+MODEM

7)DM+MODEM+ADB

OK REBOOT

by bishwo shrestha

THANKS IT REALLY HELPED ME I CHOOSED MTP+ADB and connected to pc now it is searching for driver and failed for MTP but found all others and I can view my folder in explorer

by bishwo shrestha

Last night I used my usb cable and phone normally, and now it doesnt work... just chargin', my pc doesnt recognize it anymore... I've an A5 too...

use this code *#7284# and select pda instead of modem. the phone will restart and it will work

My Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500H Don't detect mass storage and driver any PC too. I have been tried many cable and many Laptop or PC but it silence nothing happen so . help me please

Seems to me Samsung is not up to date with technology. I`ve been trying all the cables you can connect, but still no response. Just buy a different brand of phone. It is much cheaper than wasting your money on buying cables.

by Eric Erasmus

It is easy to sync android phone with pc. Just download Android Sync Manager, you can sync your phone with pc via USB or WIFI. Then you can use it to transfer everything between android and pc.

this one worked also on my new samsung J5

Go to dial pad & type *#0808#

It displays USB settings

Select MTP+ADB option

Press OK button

Connect to USB cable to PC

It shows Connected as a media device."

10/09/2015 by Ian Reid

I have tried typing that but nothing comes

by Dean

Thank you for helping. I tried everything and nothing worked. Come to find out my usb connection on the phone was broke. Went to att and they had another sent to me.

how to conect my pone computer with USB

chad will be eternally grateful.