Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

My kindle won't turn on. Is it the battery?

I walked in one day and my kindle fire hd refused to turn on. I've made a visual inspection of the motherboard and battery nothing seems out of sorts. Is there a way to tell if the battery itself is the problem or if there is something else i can try. I am not terribly concerned about the fire itself, there is a good amount of data on the harddrive that i need to get off. I'd love to get the fire working again but the data is more important. Is there anyway that i can get the data out? or tell if the battery is working so that I don't waste my money trying to fix it.

Help me now I need help

Bang it on the ground, then hold the button down thirty seconds. Press the button

once again.

My 3rd Generation Kindle Fire went dead. Won't seem to charge or just has a black screen? I had two. Here's what I did. I carefully slipped a sharp knife in the slit where the case splits and took the back off. I then slipped the connector for the battery out of its receptacle. I slid the metal knife edge across the metal contacts on the battery plug and plugged it back in. My Kindles both immediately booted up and worked fine. Pretty sure this voids the warranty but at this point what matter does it make? This happened to both of mine exactly 30 days after the warranty ran out.

I also tried passing a metal knife across battery contacts after reading this post and it really worked right away instantly on my son's 3rd Gen kindle fire in which froze on three different occasions through the years which I fixed using 30 second power button hold or holding volume down/power button master reset I even personally changed its broken usb port last year. Thanks who ever you are it really worked after other proven methods were not working anymore this time around

My kindle Fire has gone dead and all my efforts to revive it have failed. what is distressful is that Amazon which is selling these devices in India is least concerned about it,and i am told they donot have any service center in India

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

PART 3: ANOTHER REASON FOR KINDLE FIRE LOCK-UPS

Probably the number one reason Kindle Fire (KF) devices lock-up is because the battery discharges. When using a wifi connection you should connect the KF to a power supply outlet or USB port on a PC computer, or use the KF only for a short period of time when away from a power source. When the battery runs down it will usually cause a lock-up. Simply connect the KF to a power supply source and recharge the device. It is best to turn off the device and let it charge. If it is locked up, you will need to hold the on-off button for 15-25 seconds to turn it off. A red light at the on-off button shows the battery is discharged. A green light means the battery is fully charged. It is a good idea to charge the battery for at least four hours before using it again without a connection to a power supply source. Always check to see that you are disconnected from the wifi when operating off the battery supply except for short periods of time, otherwise when the battery runs low the KF will more than likely lock-up.

END OF PART 3

I keep holding it down for 30 seconds and i wont turn on

I have the same problem and I keep trying to hold the button for 30 sec and it's not working. My kf hasn't turned on for about a week and I tried charging it thinking it was dead and that didn't work either . I don't know what to do :'(

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly.

Mikusan, those solutions almost never work in most situations.

PART 1: PROBLEMS WITH LOCK-UPS WITH KINDLE FIRE DEVICES

If the green light is on or the battery icon shows it as being charged, it is unlikely the battery. If it turns on, but locks up it should still show the clock running. I had a similar problem with my Kindle Fire. It was constantly locking up on me. It would work fine for awhile, and then it would lock up and I would not use it for a period of time. It was really frustrating because it is like carrying my library of books and apps with me for ready use whenever I needed them. I searched the Internet and discovered that a lot of people have reported the same problem with their Kindle Fire devices locking up on them, even the newer models. I have KF First Generation (KF1G). It is a marvelous toy when it works, but when it locks up it really gets frustrating. I'm sure Amazon and other websites have appropriate anti-virus programs checking the various books and apps that are filtered through their servers, but I have come to the conclusion that some of the freebies with ads or trial programs may be the culprit because every time I download one of those programs, especially games my KF locks up on me at some point. It is possible that some of those freebies have malware, viruses, Trojans, or other similar programs that could be the cause of some of these lockups.

END OF PART 1.

I had a problem similar to yours but all I had to do was hold the power button down for about 15 seconds then let and start pressing it repeatedly and my kindle came back on

ive been trying this method and its not working for me :/

Not working for me either. Frustrating! I know the battery is fully charged. It was on, then locked up. Finally got it to shut off, then nothing. I tried plugging it back in, and don't even get the tone that it is charging. I tried 15 seconds, 30 seconds, even a full minutes and still getting nothing. This is my 3rd kindle. GRRRRRRRR

my amazon fire 7 wont charge but when you hold the power button you can hear it.i've tried hold the power button and low and loud sound buttons but it still wont turn on if you have a recommendation please contact me at flegeo980@apps.wylieisd.net thx so much!

@blue_queen i have the same problem

This did it for me. I had been holding it down. I started pressing power repeatedly after reading this and it came on.

Hi all - had the same issues discussed. Dead screen, would’t recharge, holding the power does nothing.

However it seems to fix itself when I plugged it into the desktop PC and is now charging away from that. Give that a go before you stick knifes in it :-)

Thanks , had same issue but plugging into car charger as opposed to mains had the same effect. Now charging normally

thx for that info i will try both suggestions!

To unlock the Kindle device, the easiest and fast solutions is reset your Kindle device. Press and holding down the power button for 20 seconds or more. Then turn the device back on by hitting the power button again. If this doesn’t work the first time, you can try holding the button down for 30 seconds or more. Most of the time, this will be all you have to do to make the Kindle Fire work again.

Thank you! This worked and I'm up and running just fine!

My fire device would not turn on after charging all night long. I did all the trouble shooting in this blog.

Guess what made it work…….i hit it with my flat hand.

Back in business

LOL so funny!

But im glad because it was a gift.

OMG thank you so much for the tip!!!

That really worked just hitting it flat with my hand all it needs to do now is charge.

Your charger might need replaced. I have an Amazon Kindle Fire, and sometimes the charger doesn't plug in right. I suggest trying out a charger somewhere to see if this is the problem before getting any new parts.

yeah AC adapter was the culprit

Does that mean I was right? LOL

my generation 7 kindle died and won't come on I got it to show the charging symbol and the low battery symbol like you know when it dies and now it won't come on can you plz help.

ive tried multiple ideas

jonathan jones, the Kindle does not have a hard drive. It stores information on memory IC's. the only way to get any information off it would be with an expensive NAND memory reader and the right software. Most likely not an easy DIY'er job. I would start with the battery. You can use a multimeter and see what power you have on it and if it charges by checking on the battery contacts with a multimeter while plugging it in.

Where can we get it repair? Does Amazon have repair center?

Help it happening to me rn

so the memory card isn't going to store the memory? fire hd 10

tank u so much my kindle was locked for a week now ur a life saver

try to hold the power button for 30

I tried the on button for fifteen seconds but it still wont come on.It has a light screen not black

On wait it is coming on and is now working

Put it on charge. Then after 5 mins or so hold the on button for 30 seconds or longer then it will turn on. Your welcome. However is this doesn't work then your kindle fire needs to be fixed in the shop.

omg you are an angel sent from heaven thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

and the next day it did the same thing......here we go again!!

Yabba dabba do, works for me too!!!!!

Hey, guys I actually found a solution for this error.

https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/ki...

follow solutions No.2 it works perfectly for me.

what generation is your kindle?

this worked for me.

I just tried the first thing that came up in Google search for Fire Tablet wont turn on. Hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds. Then try turning on like normal. It worked the first time. No need to disassemble.

I found the issue. The motherboard died.

Seems all these people here do not know anything. Pressing power will not work if your tablet is dead!

So we have noticed over time the solder joints on the USB charger are getting loose or disconnected. So a fix we found is to add flux to the solder joints then re heat the joints and in some cases we had to add new LEADED solder to make the connection work again. Its as if the power and ground pins are not connecting to the pads on the boards. Try this and if it works then like it and share it its seems to be a issue on all the Kindle Fire Tablets.

Had my Kindle for about 4 years now was working on it when it just went blank. Black screen tried to reset it won't reset tried holding the button down won't reset had it charging for about 1 hour won't charge I don't even get a light up on top not green or red. Now what do I do

There is a way you can flash it I had to find 30 virus programs till I found one that actually worked but thank God for virtual machines you can delete. There is a method I will look in my programs see if I have it and send you a Google drive link. It flashes just about any Kindle back to stock.

Im posting this link to a google drive folder that contains a program for Kindle Unbrick Utility.

There are multiple types of bricks, battery being one of them.

Logo Brick

Recovery Brick

Other Brick

System Brick

Theme Brick

These are the types of problems Kindles have. If yours does not boot properly or “at all” use the “Other Brick.bat” file to fix this. And as always YOUR WELCOME! Please like my YouTube page and subscribe. I will make a video how to use the tool soon. This link is for anyone at all. Download only. No Virus’s or Malware. I put my business on that!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uky8XW...

Abusing the device isn't fixing it. The problem is sub-standard quality. What do expect for $50?!? Battery replacement is gonna cost you$30. Other repairs likely more. Cut your losses and just buy a new one. Unless of course you have unreplaceable data on it. Which shouldn't be the case, as Amazon provides a limited cloud space for backup as well as G-Drive. My step daughters 5th gen took a crap, I replaced the battery and still no response. I suspect a hardware failure. That's why I'm even here in the first place.

If you are sure that it is fully charged try holding the power button down for about 20 seconds or so, release it, then push it again and see if it comes back on.

Holding the power button doesn't &&^&^$^ work no matter how many times you say it dumbass

Well it got mine out of a frozen state with the flat battery icon

My 3rd Generation Kindle Fire went dead. Won't seem to charge or just has a black screen? I had two. Here's what I did. I carefully slipped a sharp knife in the slit where the case splits and took the back off. I then slipped the connector for the battery out of its receptacle. I slid the metal knife edge across the metal contacts on the battery plug and point what matter does it make? This happened to both of mine exactly 30 days after the warranty ran out. This worked on my wife's new Kindle also.

would this work for generation 7 kindle fire?

Well hello and sorry for your complaint. I had the same problem too. Try to charge your tablet with it proper charger and let it sit if you don't see the lightning bolt pop up then maybe your tablet battery in the back has worn out.

Had same issue. Battery flat , wouldn’t charge, adaptor ok as charged 2 x other items. Plugged into car charger 5-10 mins, started charging. Now charging normally on mains.

My kindle has been charging for a day.

Similar issue but mine gets amazon logo for about 3 seconds then goes black again. And, There is no red or green light .

Me too. I've factory reset it remotely. Boots up, gets to the language selection screen, and immediately turns the screen off. Won't come on after. Can't select anything.

I tried all your ideas but nothing worked I tried plugging it in somewhere different. Literally nothing worked

Well, I was just on my kindle fire, and it was working ok, then it just shut off, and it's not turning on . It did the same thing before, and I fixed it, but now, it 's doing the same thing again, and it's been charged, I just can't turn it on again. I tried pressing the two buttons for a few minutes, but nothing happens. What's going on with my tablet , does anyone know what I can do to fix it again ?

Volume up button and power button…..press and hold at same time and it should reboot.

Amazon comes up, then fire but want respond

If no power and literally dead tablet I believe the motherboard dead and needs replacing

If your Kindle won’t turn on, first check out the battery of your Kindle device. If it’s not working, just replace it.

Finding issues in your device and not able to fix it. You can take the help of the Kindle Support Number and get assistance.

I tried all the troubleshooting tips and none of them worked. This issue is everywhere. Why isn’t Amazon posting an official response with a fix to this issue?

jonathan jones will be eternally grateful.