Kenmore Elite HE3 Washing Machine

The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

F Code on Machine, wont drain

I an getting a F Code, just F no numbers. The clothes are soaked. I unplugged the machine for an hour and it hasn't changed anything. please help me fix this.

Most Helpful Answer

Did you try pushing/holding the pause/cancel button and then pushing the drain cycle setting button? That is what I did and the washer drained and completed the cycle. The clothes are fine. I don't know what is going to happen next time though.

The cold water goes through a mesh screen and often gets clogged. The code usually goes off during the begging of the rinse cycle or at the end. This is when the cold water is most commenly used. YOu have to clean this screen. This is the second time we have had to clean it. The first time with an appliance tech, which cost us close to $100 to do. Now, we will do it ourselves. You just find open up the front, take out the screen when you find it and either clean it with vinegar water or our service tech used muriatic acid.

Update to previous response, the error code is a little tricky to read it displays the "F " first and then alternatively flashes the second part of the code like "06" which you may mistaken for how many minutes are left. A common code for your issue might be F06 when combining the two parts of the code. A washer stopping just before the high spin cycle could indicate a MCU board issue, bad connection to the board in the top of the machine, bad connectors or even a motor issue. Having the correct code will help narrow down your particular issue.

Susan will be eternally grateful.