0

Debbie
1

New ink won't print

Bought Epson cartridges. Printer runs as expected - no print on page

1

Scott
199

make sure the tape is off the cartridge before putting them in

or try different cartridges

0

Nick

Older Epson inkjet printers are notorious for clogging. This is because if you stick to Epson ink like a good person the ink is thicker then gold on these. The DuraBrite printers have the same problem too. Combine this with age and you have the formula for a clog that won't move. I have a fix for the problem I'll tell you so you can at least try. This worked for me. You do need gloves as this is messy. I mean you can pass on them but when your hands are all ink it's not my fault.

Due to the design of the Epson Artisan/Expression series this approach won't work on those. Period. The printer needs to come apart and you need to pipe the tubing directly from the head due to the ink cartridge location.

What you're going to do is put the printer into ink cartridge change mode and unplug it. If it's a R200 or even a similar model like the R280 just move the white tab by the printhead unplugged. This will free the printhead. You also need to remove the ink tanks.

Put at least 5 napkins in the printer to eat the ink that comes up.

What I do to fix the problem is 91-99% alcohol through the head. You can't remove the head, though. You need to do this in the printer. You'll need a syringe sans the needle. Get this from a drugstore or the Internet. You also need plastic tubing that fits over the nozzles. This needs to fit well or this will get even messier. You can get this from a fish supply store. Look for this style syringe.

After putting this on the syringe and pulling alcohol in it, put the tubing on the nozzles in the printer and push it through the printer slowly and watch the ink flow through the head. Do it until it's clean. In this one, I mean it. Epson printers need to be 100% clear.

If the tubing is "stiff" get hot water to soften it.

After doing this, it's VERY important you flush with water. This method is straight alcohol so it has to leave the printhead as soon as it's clear. This is basically what the eBay sellers are selling, though they use denatured alcohol. They don't tell you that, though. They work because it's alcohol but my approach is much cheaper and you get more alcohol for the money.

Edited by: Nick ( )

0

gret1964
1

I replaced all ink but my printer still wont' work, I haven't used the printer in almost a year, it is just for printing photos.

Sounds like a clogged head then; follow that cleaning procedure I mentioned that works, and yes, you have to flush it to get the rubbing alcohol out of the system

Nick,