Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Speaker and Dock Connector don't work after I unmount the motheboard

I've unmount my iPhone 4 to replace my old and broken "Power and Sensor cable" with a new one.

I re-mount it, and then the speaker, the dock connector and also the home button don't work.

I've remounted everything!

The only piece that i haven't remount is a little piece of black rubber: its dimensions are 8mm x 2mm x 1mm.... I don't know where is the right place for it.

The rubber piece is just a black rubber to protect the digitizer and lcd ribbon cable from the edge of the motherboard. no other function.

sounds like your dock connector is broken or not properly seated. check if its in the right position and be sure nothing looks damaged on the motherboard. if everything looks fine and everything is seated right. still no sound and charge, you will have to replace the dock connector ribbon flex cable

iPhone 4 Dock Connector (GSM/AT&T)

instructions

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement

Make sure the dock connector is 100% pressed down because the dock gives power to the speaker and also controls the home button hope this helps if it doesn't replace the dock connecter as it may have got damaged

Francesco will be eternally grateful.