Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

My iPhone wont turn on or won't let me charge and overheats

so i dropped my phone down the toilet and sent it off for repair, i got it back weeks later and it worked but then my friend was taking a video in the rain and my phone froze so i put it in a warm place and it came on. After that it kept over heating and loosing charge really quick, also taking ages to charge. So i was charging it and took it off, it was really hot and burnt me (it came up with the temperature triangle like it always does) so i turned it off, now it won't turn on or charge. I've tried pressing the home buttons and that but it still won't turn on. How can i fix this?

megan, I definitely would start off with this guideIt is for a 3G but essentially the same procedure. Use this guide to work on your phone. I habitually change the battery on a liquid immersion. You'll be surprised to find out how many errors a water damaged battery can give you ;-) After that, reevaluate, clean again and see what you get. Hope this helps, good luck.

iPhone 4 Logic Board Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Logic Board Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult30 minuten - 2 uren

iPhone Image

Guide

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

Difficulty: Difficult1 - 2 ore

thankyou!i will try this but where can you buy new batteries?

megan, you can get those here iPhone 4 Replacement Battery as well as many other places.

megan will be eternally grateful.