iPod Touch 2nd Generation

Model A1288 / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity

Question Closed

iPod disabled and won't connect to Itunes

I have an odd set of circumstances. My daughter had a 2nd gen Itouch and lost it. recently we found it agian but it was locked with a code which nobody remembers.

The laptop we sync'd it with has been replaced and the ipod won't connect to itunes.

How do we reset it without the original computer it was syn'c with?

Worst case...does disconnecting the battery reset it?

Help!!!

Jim

same with me

by CJay

except it was mine

by CJay

First, turn off the iPod. Then, connect it to a Mac or PC with iTunes installed on it. Turn the iPod on, but hold down the Home button for ten seconds, and iTunes should say "An iPod in recovery mode has been detected" and it should restore the iPod.

tried this and no dice. Itunes says "cannot connect ipod is locked with passcode. enter passcode before it can be used with itunes" Any other ideas

by Jim

Same here. No matter how many times you tell us these instructions, they just DON'T work.

by Seamus

Start your iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your Mac/PC. Keep holding the sleep/wake and home button for about 10 seconds. Release the sleep/wake button, but keep holding the home button. you will hear some sounds.If you did it correctly iTunes will tell you that it has detected an iPhone or iPod touch in recovery mode.Restore your iPod in iTunes

nope, didn't work either. Just keeps saying on itunes that must enter passcode before it can be used with itunes"

by Jim

same here, keep getting the error message

by Seamus