1

Bailey
33

Why isn't my mouse working?

My mouse won't show up on my screen and I can't click on anything. The laptop is brand new and I'm already having trouble.

Edited by: Bailey ( )

I have labtop and I've tried every trick that you guys are giving...I get nothing, any more ideas?

gary,

3

rich
67

Check for a function key that turns the built in mousepad on and off. Mine is a silver button on the top left of the keyboard. It drove me crazy until I discovered it.

On my laptop apparently it's Fn + F9. Thank you! It was driving me crazy too.

Bailey,

I want to thank you because me too was driving me crazy.....I have been trying for hrs to figure it THANK YOU again....

cycloroma,

GOD Bless you - Fn F9 fixed it immediately. Thank you

Penny Foley,

Thank you. I had the same problem and I used Fn F9 and the issue solved.

shahram,

thank you! Fn F9 fixed it

Chrissy Robinson,

1

Country Computer Service
5k

If the mouse is a corded USB, try it on a different computer, if it works, then plug the mouse into a different port on your laptop. If it is a wireless mouse, check the batteries, and try moving the USB receiver to another port and installing the drivers.

If that doesn't work, when the system powers on go into the BIOS setup and make sure that all of your USB ports are turned on.

If it is the trackpad, and you are having other issues on a brand new laptop, you may need to contact the company where you ordered it from and let them step you through any specific troubleshooting problems and/or request a RMA or refund (worse case scenario).

I will keep that in mind and be more specific with other questions. Thank you.

Bailey,

0

Zari Chacon
1

try pressing [fn] + f1 or wherever the icon of a computer screen with an x is on. Hope it helps!

0

Sara Y Manu
1

click the button that gets you into the asus vivo book mode. it's a little diamond iconed button on the top right corner of the keyboard for me.

then you have this little profile of your comp come up, like memory used, etc, and one has the touch pad either on or off. somehow mine was disabled and put into off. I switched it on on and my mouse icon came back!!

0

Julia
1

On new touchscreen Asus laptops the trick for turning on the mouse is to press fn+f9. I had to go three weeks like this until I could figure out what to do. Also if your screen gets turned sideways or upside down. {my brother did that to mine} press ctrl+alt+up arrow. If you press the wrong arrow do it again until it goes back to normal.

0

Jay
1

Mouse not working on laptop is a common mouse problem. A few days ago, my laptop mouse not working. So I decided to find some solution that works.

How To Fix Mouse Not Working On Laptop

0

B J
1

Thanks so much for the info about the missing curor. fn+f9 worked for me.

0

Xavier
1

What about if even after pressing Fn + F9 the mouse doesn't work? Do you have any other tip or shall I call ASUS? Thanks.

0

kaya
1

my mousepad still isn't working after i pressed fn f9 :(

0

gwendolyntravis237
1

my mouse pointer will not move the arrow on the screen.