Asus Laptop

Laptops manufactured by Asus.

Why isn't my mouse working?

My mouse won't show up on my screen and I can't click on anything. The laptop is brand new and I'm already having trouble.

I have labtop and I've tried every trick that you guys are giving...I get nothing, any more ideas?

by gary

mine says device not migrated om on windows 10 help

by Pois0nz Tech Videoz

My mouse has a red light when i turn it on {Witch means its working}. But the mouse icon itself will not move around i am working on a project please reply

by Tj Cook

i have a desktop got 10 day before yesterday, lazer light is on but screen mouse arrow doesn't move, any ideas?

by Vince Barenchi

roll back worked a treat

by robbied336

Check for a function key that turns the built in mousepad on and off. Mine is a silver button on the top left of the keyboard. It drove me crazy until I discovered it.

On my laptop apparently it's Fn + F9. Thank you! It was driving me crazy too.

by Bailey

I want to thank you because me too was driving me crazy.....I have been trying for hrs to figure it THANK YOU again....

by cycloroma

GOD Bless you - Fn F9 fixed it immediately. Thank you

by Penny Foley

Thank you. I had the same problem and I used Fn F9 and the issue solved.

by shahram

thank you! Fn F9 fixed it

by Chrissy Robinson

If the mouse is a corded USB, try it on a different computer, if it works, then plug the mouse into a different port on your laptop. If it is a wireless mouse, check the batteries, and try moving the USB receiver to another port and installing the drivers.

If that doesn't work, when the system powers on go into the BIOS setup and make sure that all of your USB ports are turned on.

If it is the trackpad, and you are having other issues on a brand new laptop, you may need to contact the company where you ordered it from and let them step you through any specific troubleshooting problems and/or request a RMA or refund (worse case scenario).

I will keep that in mind and be more specific with other questions. Thank you.

by Bailey

oh my GOD ! iam a woman and i am very lack with those things!! and you just solved my problem in a minute . oh my god . thanks and my God bless you.

by Sweet Moment

try pressing [fn] + f1 or wherever the icon of a computer screen with an x is on. Hope it helps!

Yay. I was going nuts. Thanks. On mine it was Fn F10. The description of the icon was very helpful.

by mandyp

THANK YOU!!!! This has been driving me crazy for weeks!

by clmbead

On new touchscreen Asus laptops the trick for turning on the mouse is to press fn+f9. I had to go three weeks like this until I could figure out what to do. Also if your screen gets turned sideways or upside down. {my brother did that to mine} press ctrl+alt+up arrow. If you press the wrong arrow do it again until it goes back to normal.

dont work on mine

by karenm1966

man i love u

by Rikissa Jane

Thanks so much for the info about the missing curor. fn+f9 worked for me.

Just upgraded my Asus from win8.1 to win10 and faced this issue for the 1st time. Tried the Fn+F9 as the icon indicated on my keyboard with no success. Several reboot did not change anything. Had to plug a mouse through USB then remembered a trick from old days with software upgrade. Went to device manager (My Computer/This PC - right click and you will see "manage") then click on "Device Manager" go to mouse and other pointing device. I notice there "ELAN device" in addition to the usual "PS2/Mouse". Click on it to update the software with no success. There was a roll-back to previous version as soon as i did it, rebooted all works fine. Just to make it clear, not a computer expert or even beginner. But playing with spreadsheet or office too much can get you to find this thing Hope it helps Romeo L.

by Romeo Lessomo

Exact same problem after upgrading to win10. Fn+F9 did nothing. Your solution worked. Thanks!

by amickeloff

THANK YOU! I just upgradef my ASUS to Windows 10 and lost my mouse pointer too. I've been reading fixes for an hour and found your rollback solution, tried it and it worked!

by Cathy Doss

i have the same problem when i upgraded my Asus laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 Fn+F9 doesnt work, but when i read you r comment i tried it and solve the issue Thank you so much bro, do you know the other drivers that need an update?

by jamescyrusbasilan

having the same prob after windows 10 upgrade on my Asus laptop. I tried updating driver. I see the rollback button but it is not clickable.

by Rick Cosmo

my mousepad still isn't working after i pressed fn f9 :(

My laptop is still not working with the touch pad but I plugged in a USB mouse (the ones ussaly used with conputers) and it worked a treat

My ASUS mouse has a small on/off switch on the bottom. More like on/gotcha switch!

click the button that gets you into the asus vivo book mode. it's a little diamond iconed button on the top right corner of the keyboard for me.

then you have this little profile of your comp come up, like memory used, etc, and one has the touch pad either on or off. somehow mine was disabled and put into off. I switched it on on and my mouse icon came back!!

Mouse not working on laptop is a common mouse problem. A few days ago, my laptop mouse not working. So I decided to find some solution that works.

How To Fix Mouse Not Working On Laptop

What about if even after pressing Fn + F9 the mouse doesn't work? Do you have any other tip or shall I call ASUS? Thanks.

my mouse pointer will not move the arrow on the screen.

My mouse cursor won't move on Google maps but will move on any other window. I need this for work, help?

My mouse only works on the usb mouse not the mousepad when I take the usb out the arrow disappears! What do I do :(

Nothing helps after reinstall the driver soft. Can it help to newly reinstall OS again? :-?

still cant use curser now what do

did not help still missing

I have a problem with my Dell laptop but the mouse is not working i have tried Fn + F9 but still though i cant work so i dont know what to do next?

My mouse doesn't work since I have a asus laptop d550m which I upgraded to window 10 don't know what to do I did the Fn + f9 nothing happen

my ASUS just updated itself to the win10, and my mouse on my laptop isn't working. I've read all the above questions and comments, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. I don't have a portable mouse, so right clicking isn't an option. I've been navigating through my touch screen, but its starting to get really aggravating. Can anyone help me? Please.

Same problem here. I would have thought that Asus and/or Microsoft would have responded with a solution that really works by now! It seems that a new driver for the touchpad is not availble from Asus for Windows 10. All that I get are drivers for Windows 8.1 when I search.

With doing all the above, I now have a cursor on the screen that I can move around (before, no cursor t all) but clicking on the mouse does nothing.

By the way I was NOT impressed by the SMALL icons on WIndows 10. Liked the Search slot in Windows 10 - I had to use it to find the Control Panel! (which is easy on Windows 8.1

by kovacj

http://laptopnproblem.blogspot.in/2014/1...

please visit on this link to troubleshoot this issue.

Ok guys i have no arrow without a mouse and no rollback ive tryed all the hot keys and im on windows 10 but in the touchpad event log it says device not migrated any body know what that means

I had to go to Settings, Mouse Properties and select Enable Device. I guess when I downloaded Windows 10 it disabled it.

by Cr St

Asus Touch Pad did not work..some fixes, then I could move the mouse on screen, BUT the clickers still did not work. Laser printer also did not work. SOLUTION: Reinstall WIndows 8! Everything works fine now, touchpad works, printer driver is there as default printer and works! Did not migrate means there is no compatible Touchpad Driver in Windows 10! I will wait on Microsoft to fix these glitches with WIndows 10 before I re-install Windows 10 again!

by kovacj

Bailey will be eternally grateful.