Laptops manufactured by Asus.

Why isn't my mouse working?

My mouse won't show up on my screen and I can't click on anything. The laptop is brand new and I'm already having trouble.

I have labtop and I've tried every trick that you guys are giving...I get nothing, any more ideas?

mine says device not migrated om on windows 10 help

My mouse has a red light when i turn it on {Witch means its working}.

But the mouse icon itself will not move around i am working on a project

please reply

i have a desktop got 10 day before yesterday, lazer light is on but screen mouse arrow doesn't move, any ideas?

roll back worked a treat

Check for a function key that turns the built-in mousepad on and off. Mine is a silver button on the top left of the keyboard. It drove me crazy until I discovered it.

On my laptop apparently it's Fn + F9. Thank you! It was driving me crazy too.

I want to thank you because me too was driving me crazy.....I have been trying for hrs to figure it THANK YOU again....

GOD Bless you - Fn F9 fixed it immediately. Thank you

Thank you. I had the same problem and I used Fn F9 and the issue solved.

thank you! Fn F9 fixed it

You have to restart the computer and after restart the computer, It would be work

and after restarting if mouse doesn't work so..

You have to update the drivers . for additional steps visit '''FIX-mouse-not-working-in-computer'''

Follow these Steps:

a) Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.

b) Type devmgmt.msc in search box and click on OK

c) Right Click on Mice and other pointing device

d) Click on update drives then click on Search automatically

Then restart the computer.

After that Mouse doesn't working So:

Then try to change USB port of Mouse. Please let me know for any other issue .

How are people supposed to click on those things if their mouse isn't working?

that is exactly what I'm saying

I was Thinking How You Even Got Here ... Use Your Phone..Thank You Peter

Thank-you! A reboot fixed the problem.

If the mouse is a corded USB, try it on a different computer, if it works, then plug the mouse into a different port on your laptop. If it is a wireless mouse, check the batteries, and try moving the USB receiver to another port and installing the drivers.

If that doesn't work, when the system powers on go into the BIOS setup and make sure that all of your USB ports are turned on.

If it is the trackpad, and you are having other issues on a brand new laptop, you may need to contact the company where you ordered it from and let them step you through any specific troubleshooting problems and/or request a RMA or refund (worse case scenario).

I will keep that in mind and be more specific with other questions. Thank you.

oh my GOD ! iam a woman and i am very lack with those things!! and you just solved my problem in a minute . oh my god . thanks and my God bless you.

what the !&&* does being a woman have to do with installing a mose?

I tried all above options. Fn+F9 ....touch pad disables but still mouse does not work. I tried different ports, doesn't work. I assumed ports are damaged (my kitten often walks on laptop as red carpet) but external fan and printer are working excellent on same port. What do I do? How to reinstall mouse? Please advise me. It is time consuming with touch pad, mouse is faster

mine is a laptop and i can't see or move the mouse

On new touchscreen Asus laptops the trick for turning on the mouse is to press fn+f9. I had to go three weeks like this until I could figure out what to do. Also if your screen gets turned sideways or upside down. {my brother did that to mine} press ctrl+alt+up arrow. If you press the wrong arrow do it again until it goes back to normal.

dont work on mine

man i love u

Mine doesn't work it's a toshiba ?!? Any help

i have a toshiba its a brand new laptop only had it for a couple months then the other day the mouse just disappeared. i tried the fn f9 but its not working

I have toshiba its a new laptop I tried the fn f9 but its not working..any help please!?

Thanks so much for the info about the missing curor. fn+f9 worked for me.

Just upgraded my Asus from win8.1 to win10 and faced this issue for the 1st time. Tried the Fn+F9 as the icon indicated on my keyboard with no success.

Several reboot did not change anything. Had to plug a mouse through USB then remembered a trick from old days with software upgrade.

Went to device manager (My Computer/This PC - right click and you will see "manage") then click on "Device Manager" go to mouse and other pointing device. I notice there "ELAN device" in addition to the usual "PS2/Mouse". Click on it to update the software with no success.

There was a roll-back to previous version as soon as i did it, rebooted all works fine.

Just to make it clear, not a computer expert or even beginner. But playing with spreadsheet or office too much can get you to find this thing

Hope it helps

Romeo L.

Exact same problem after upgrading to win10. Fn+F9 did nothing. Your solution worked. Thanks!

THANK YOU! I just upgradef my ASUS to Windows 10 and lost my mouse pointer too. I've been reading fixes for an hour and found your rollback solution, tried it and it worked!

i have the same problem when i upgraded my Asus laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 Fn+F9 doesnt work, but when i read you r comment i tried it and solve the issue Thank you so much bro, do you know the other drivers that need an update?

having the same prob after windows 10 upgrade on my Asus laptop.

I tried updating driver. I see the rollback button but it is not clickable.

It seems that there are many Fn + F- keys if you see on your Pc look for a F- button with what looks like a No symbol, you know the one with a circle with a line through it and a hand to the right pointing at it. For me i Pressed Fn+F7 and that worked if this helps anyone yw. Good Luck

I bought a new asus r558u with dos.I had to install Windows 10 using Keyboard only..I thought it was drivers problem....then fn+f9 made the pointer to come back...thank you very much

@xpzharlock thanks a lot sir the way you described the function key's special function symbol helped me a lot thanks a lot from bottom of my heart as i was like how to fix this issue what has gone wrong etc. as i followed few suggestions like fn+f9 but that didn't solved the case

i am really thankful to you that you explained in such a fantastic way thanks a lot sir

with regards

MOHAMMED MUZAMMIL

my fn key that looks like a no is f9 and it still doesn't work.

try pressing [fn] + f1 or wherever the icon of a computer screen with an x is on. Hope it helps!

Yay. I was going nuts. Thanks. On mine it was Fn F10. The description of the icon was very helpful.

THANK YOU!!!! This has been driving me crazy for weeks!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was stuck and not showing on screen. It was driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON- also the button isn't a computer screen it's a touchpad lol, makes sense since it turns the touchpad on and off.

click the button that gets you into the asus vivo book mode. it's a little diamond iconed button on the top right corner of the keyboard for me.

then you have this little profile of your comp come up, like memory used, etc, and one has the touch pad either on or off. somehow mine was disabled and put into off. I switched it on on and my mouse icon came back!!

Mouse not working on laptop is a common mouse problem. A few days ago, my laptop mouse not working. So I decided to find some solution that works.

How To Fix Mouse Not Working On Laptop

What about if even after pressing Fn + F9 the mouse doesn't work? Do you have any other tip or shall I call ASUS? Thanks.

Try plugging it in the other USB port? Dunno, worked for me :p

My ASUS mouse has a small on/off switch on the bottom. More like on/gotcha switch!

http://laptopnproblem.blogspot.in/2014/1...

please visit on this link to troubleshoot this issue.

I tried every suggestion on here and a couple other sites. Fn + f9 or fn + anything else didn't work. I did try fn + f3 and it worked! apparently it's the f key with the symbol that looks like a mouse and a line across it from one corner to the other (the x one didn't work on mine either). Hope this works for those who are still trying to figure this out.

I have a problem..usb mouse not working. I try search net to settle it. I find out...can on back USB device with enable device icon click..to get it working back.

Go device manager there click into universal serial bus controllers then click choice composite devices properties that have enable icon button , just click on it..to open the USB device function back. After follow the step ,click next then USB mouse function back like normal.

I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. I updated to Windows 10 immediately so I could get used to everything all at once. I use a small external mouse for travelling, and the touchpad quit working the second I plugged it in. Even after I disconnected it from the USB and restarted, the touchpad still would not work. I was told this is a bug and they are working on it.

After I read through the comments here, I went to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpads, Additional Mouse Options and there it was under ELAN it said it was disabled. I enabled it, and now I can use the touchpad!

Thanks!!

fn+f9 does work use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it did and perfectly. Thanks for the tip everyone.

it isn't working for me, I don't know why

Honestly, I just turned my computer off and on again. You may need to restart it, though. My mouse was freezing and when it was moving, it would just be zooming the screen in or out. So far it's working, I'm not sure if this fix is permanent. Ironically, it was the last thing I tried, but it should've been the first thing I tried.

I Think You Should Checkout This See If This Helps -

Unplug Your Mouse and Wait For 1 minutes And Plug It Back

Restart Your Computer In Safe Mode With Networking

Follow Steps To Get safe Mode Visit How To Boot Windows Computer In Safe Mode Now In Safe Mode Please Go to device Manager And Update the Mouse And Pointer Driver .

Restart The Computer and Get Your Mouse Working .

Hopefully this May Work

The first thing to check is whether the computer and the operating system is not responding as well. It could be that the computer is frozen, meaning it is not responding to any commands you give it. In this case, the touchpad would also not be working.

For furhter Help Visit this forum

http://www.ithemesforests.com/forum/lapt...

Or Follow this Article

http://www.ithemesforests.com/laptop-tou...

My fix was fn+F1. I'd suggest looking in your function keys and pressing fn+the function key that has the diagram of the toupad on it.

Bailey will be eternally grateful.