Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

iPhone blocked after replacing screen.

For symptoms, see the included image.

My friend asked me to replace his broken iPhone 4 screen.

Here's what I did:

I removed the back cover and the black piece covering the all the connectors. This way I could test if the new screen was working properly, without disassembling the whole phone.

My friends iPhone was password protected, so I tapped the screen until I thought the replacement screen worked fine. I accidentally made the phone lock up, but that was ok, because I was going to disassemble it further. I shut of the phone and removed the battery. Then I went to fixing the phone and after reassembling the phone and turning it on, I noticed the 1 minute wait had changed to a 22 million minute wait. (which is about 42 years, LOL)

Does anybody know how to fix this, without DFU-mode and thus losing all data.

I'm pretty sure that you just have to sync it to the same computer as it was last synced to.

Jeroen Meijs will be eternally grateful.