MBP shut down itself, now completely dead
I was using my MBP last night, with it plugged in to the AC adapter, when it shut down spontaneously. Funny, I though -- pressed the battery charge indicator button and nothing lit, and the adapter LED was dark also. Hmm, maybe the adapter wasn't plugged into the wall all the way (or maybe it's given up). Tried unplugging and plugging it back in, but the adapter was still not lit. Pressed the power button and it started booting, but shut off again after maybe 4 seconds.
From that point, nothing. The adapter is good (we have two, and they both work on my wife's MB). After using the adapter with my wife's, plugging it into the MBP results in the orange glowing LED slowly fading.
No sounds of any sort on pressing/holdin
Tried disconnecting the battery and then resetting the SMC to no avail.
Any thoughts from the experts if this is the DC-in board vs the logic board?
Corrosion found on the battery indicator ribbon cable connectors: