Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD

PCMCIA has come out, can't get it back in

While browsing, my left hand accidentally pushed in the black button next to the PCMCIA card, and the button popped out. When I pushed it back in the black card slid out. Now I can't get them both in at the same time. Every time I push the card, the button pops out, and vice versa.

Screw it. I just broke off the tab. Now the PCMCIA card template slides into the slot and stays there. Much easier now. Now I can relax. :-)

The PCMCIA card release button will not remain inside of the laptop unless there is no card currently situated in the laptop. To get the button back in with the card in place:

1. Remove the card from the port.

2. Push the button back in to make it stay flush with the case.

3. Put the card back in the laptop.

If the button will not remain in the recess after the card has been removed, either the port release mechanism is broken, or there is something still in there. If it is broken, the PCMCIA port is very simple to replace as there are 4 screws holding it in place and then pull it from the plug connected to the motherboard to install a new one, but you will have to disassemble the laptop to get to it, and will take some time to do.

It happens sometimes. Don't worry there is a spring inside the slot which let it come out. YOu need to press hardly inside it then automatic it will stuck at there.Thanks.

Rick Maskell will be eternally grateful.