iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Question Closed

iPhone won't charge. "This accessory is not supported"

Hi everyone. My iPhone 3gs won't charge fast enough.

Every time I plug in my iphone 3gs to charge, it keeps getting the error message: "This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone". And even when it does charge, it will have that message, and it takes 30 minutes just to charge up 5% of the battery

What I have done=

-Replaced Charging port 2x with brand new parts (Mengtor & Wireless parts inc)

-Cleaned the board and all chips and possible connections with isopropyl Alcohol.

-Used many MANY different chargers (Wall, Car, Docks, Firewire, etc etc)

-Hard resets

And none of them have worked!! Any help guys?

Have you tried a new Apple sync cable? I have multiple cables that give me the same error.

by oldturkey03

The3gs is sensitive to cheap cables. I had one blow from a car charger I bought off eBay. The power management ic is prob bad. Possible to switch yourself if you feel up to the task. If not just take it to a repair shop

by Nick27

I have heard from several repair shops that the 3GS & first-gen iPad are extremely sensitive to 3rd party cables, so.. best bet is to get a new Apple sync cable.

I have. Bought 2 from the actual Apple store. D:

by Alex Nguyen

@Alex Nguyen, did the new cables work?

by oldturkey03

I second Nick27's answer. Forgot about the Power Management IC... Seems to me that car chargers are harmful to the 3GS, unless its a reputable one.

by Adrian

Try Different usb cables

already suggested....

by oldturkey03