Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Metal contact connected to main frame, below home button missing

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2487/...

my question is, what is it called, and where can I buy one??!?!?! If I can't buy one, can I buy something similar to it? What is the purpose of this contact? I figured out it was missing because the bottom does not click, theres a nipple on the bottom of the home button, which is suppose to hit this contact. I have a feeling I could pretty much put anything in there so the button has something to press against. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

This contact causes the grounding of the home button. I have used a 3gs home button shim to fix this issue.

Hi, I have this exact same problem, just owndering whether the suggested solution worked?

Travis will be eternally grateful.