0

Jason freburger
1

screen crack on my nexus 7

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

some how my screen cracked at the bottem of the tablet now the screen wont work at all any tips suggestions please help

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

it's going to cost $150 for repair, $10 to ship back to me, and $10 I already spent to send it to ASUS. A total of $170 to repair a $199 item.

TimmyC,

YIKES!!! Guess that's a warning to all Nexus 7 owners. Get a silicone glove like yesterday. Those lessen the impact immensely.

AzWiz,

0

dale tan
1

i bought this case from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083P0...

overall it's a good case, but two corners are pretty exposed. I just dropped my nexus 7 and it landed right on one of those exposed corners which cracked the screen. If you get a case, I would say get one that covers everything except the necessary areas (ie. charge port, volume/on/off area).

Like Dale Tan, I had my Nexus 7 in a similar case and managed to hit the corner. Now I have a cracked screen and I am looking for spare parts or a new Nexus and a more all covering case.

Thomas Thorne,

0

dana butler
1

i was wondering how to fix the screen i just got one as a prize and im not sure how the screen got cracked but now it doesnt work

0

Nick

This tablet is new enough parts aren't easily found, if available yet, so you'll have a pretty hard time finding a display assembly for this tablet

As to my case, I suggest the one they sell in the Play store, which is the one I use for my Nexus 7, and I even recommend this case too, this case protects the Nexus 7 throughout

update

Since writing this being the device is a few months old, I found one on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Display-Scre...

Edited by: Nick ( )

0

Rene van Klaveren
1

Got the same case (orange), it looks pretty protective, but it doesn't...

My daughter dropped it from 30cm (= 1ft) height, crack...

I really love this device, if somebody already got a cheaper solution how to repair the screen, please comment!

Best regards, Rene

0

Edin Ahmedagic
1

I got myself the Seidio Active Case For Nexus 7 with Multi Purpose Cover Found here, not sure how well it would protect the device but it looks like it would do well in most situations. A bit costly though and adds a lot of bulk, but I figured it's worth it if it will protect the device as well as I think it will.