0

Galle83
1

Wifi only works when I sit one meter from the router

When i want to connect to the internet, i have to put my ipod on top of the router, when its connected i cant sit any further then one meter away or else the connection will disconnect again. Somebody said to downgrade it, but a

Someone else said it couldnt be repared, maybe you can help me with this.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , pollytintop ( )

1

pollytintop

this is the link to replacing your antenna. First go to settings, general and reset network settings. You could try backing up from your last restore in itunes first to see if that helps. Just be careful with removing the LCD cable and insulation as we see a lot of people posting on here after damaging that area and ending up with white screen of death. Read the guide several times so you are familiar with it first before attempting the repair. Good luck.

0

fchan
55

Does his happen to all WiFi routers? Try to check other WiFi hotspots to see how does your iPod Touch works.

Do you have case and if there is what type is it around the iPod Touch? The WiFi antenna is black spot on the back on the other side of the power button so make sure there is nothing metallic covering that area.

I'm using iOS 5.1.1 (which is the current version) with my iPod Touch 4G and I have no problems with WiFi connecting to my router which is about 5 meters away so I don't think downgrading would do anything to the WiFi connection.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

0

louise
1

i recently got the screen of my ipod touch 4th generation replaced as i had cracked it. everything was fine apart from the cracked screen when i handed it in but when i got i back i realised the wifi no longer worked unless it was put on top on the router and if i even move it 2 cm it completely disconnects. please help, any help is greatly appreciated as i dont want to have to buy a new one if its unneccessary. thanks