0

Cecelia Zitarosa
1

How do I fix my internet connection?

My Asus laptop is not connecting properly to the internet. It is connected to a network, but when I open Internet Explorer, nothing pops up. It doesn't even tell me it can't display the page, it's just a blank screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my home network- didn't work. Then I tried turning it off and on again- didn't work. Finally i turned off my rowder for about a minute nd turned it back on- my internet explorer is still a blank screen. My Norton subscription just expired yesterday, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my internet problem- even though the problem begamn to occur on the day of expiration. Any help you can provide me would be great.

Have you tried navigating to a webpage? Have you tried another browser? (Google Chrome: http://goo.gl/jBttB). Do you have any screenshots you might be able to provide?

Elisha Bonack,

0

manikmist09
1

At first you should check your Internet connection. Have it plugging properly or not. Then you check configuration setting and open your IE.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab

Go to LAN settings.

And adjust "Automatically detect settings"

Also go to the advance tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button or you can reinstall your IE.

Edited by: Scott Dingle ( ) , manikmist09 ( )

0

jlangel73
1

Having same issue, suddenly not accepting any log on for any network. If I use my connect anywhere card, then it will go online without any problems. Take off the connect card and it acts like internet is a foreign mode. I don't know what's changed, one day worked fine, next evening won't work at all. I've done restore points, windows update, virus scan, clean disc, and defrag as well, still same issue. Won't connect to any internet signal.

Its the expired firewall and Norton which is malfunctioning. I would suggest your to remove and uninstall Norton from your PC and if using windows 7 or above the download and install Microsoft Security Essentials which is way better then the one you have now.

david chase,

Actually its not, its the wifi router that was my problem. Mine is fixed and not an issue any longer. You know, one fix that works for you, doesn't work for the world. Have a blessed day!

jlangel73,

0

munir shoga
1

I have the same proble. I keep turning the wireless connection on but it keeps turning off. Sometimes it works and have no issue with the connection. Very random behavior

0

kesha
1

yall you have to do is go to your internet then click the settings got to advance then click reset the rest if not then reset your laptop,computer

0

david chase
133

Go to control panel and open program and features and UN install Norton from the programs list. Open up internet explorer and click on tools and then internet properties. Go to connection tab click on LAN settings button and uncheck all the check boxes click OK and restart your computer.

Good Luck.