1

J Sull
13

Ways to put iPhone back together FASTER?

I run a small iPhone repair business. It takes me 10-15 minutes to take the iPhone apart. but 35-45 MINUTES TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER! The screws are so hard to work with!

What can I do to improve the speed of putting it back together?

I'll take any advice!

Thank you

Rob

I use double sided tape..stick the screws head down on a diagram of where they go, makes pick up easy & if you use left hand pick up/hold phone on table, right hand magnetised screw driver. I don't think I'm quick but it saves the frustration of having all the screws lift up with screwdriver. I'm happy being slower and more careful than being fast and making a mistake that'll cost me money to fix. (says she who has spent the morning trying to stick an LCD flap back on an ipod 5th video because she tried to rush!!)

pollytintop,

3

Jenee Hughes
91

In general, magnetic screw mats really help with keeping screws organized.

If you're looking for an iPhone-specific solution, you might like the magnetic screw mats that iFixit sells for the CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) iPhone 4, the GSM (ATT) iPhone 4, the iPhone 3G/3GS, and the iPhone 4S.

For a more general solution, there's this magnetic organizer mat. It even has little trays for non-magnetic parts :)

Edit: I've used magnetic mats in my repairs, and have never had a problem with them. To be on the safe side, just keep the LCD and battery off of the mats, and you should be fine. The magnetic field from these type of mats isn't strong enough to damage things from a distance. :)

Edited by: Jenee Hughes ( )

iPhone 3G/3GS ScrewMat

Illustrated magnetic screw retaining mat. — 2 available at 19.95 each.

Magnetic Project Mat

Magnetic organizer surface for small electronics repair. Organizes and magnetically secures all your parts while you work on a device. Dry erase surface lets you keep notes and reduce technician error. Reduces reassembly time by up to 40% while reducing e — 50+ available at 19.95 each.

iPhone 4 ScrewMat (GSM/AT&T)

Illustrated magnetic screw retaining mat. — 1 available at 19.95 each.

iPhone 4 ScrewMat (CDMA/Verizon/Sprint)

i use them all the time, great tool!

iwillfix,

1

Christophe De Wolf
127

Usually I don't remove the last six screws that hold the screen. I just loosen up them a bit.

You might have to shake a bit when replacing the new screen but this saves the frustration of putting back those screws with these tiny rings.

1

Benjamin
13

Make sure you're using the correct Philips screw driver. I can't tell you how many times I've had customers bring me back iPhones with stripped screws. If your driver is not snug or spinning even a little while fastening or loosening... It is the wrong driver.

Also please note that the tools you get free from most lcd replacement buys are not the right driver. They are smaller and will strip screws.

0

Azmar
151

practice makes perfect, use to take me an hour to do the full repair of touchscreen replacement or anything. I learned that other technicians in the area do it in 20 minutes. This was starting to become a turning point for customers. Each repair now takes me a total 18minutes for the iPhone full repair. I use to follow the tape ways, etc but that was really slowing down the process.

My solution to you, when you take a screw out place it in front of you where u took it out, and make an invisible phone. So when u put them back you just put them back where they came from based on the invisible phone. Its also mostly you have to memorize each screw, its not as hard as you think. iPhone is one of the quickest and easiest repairs out there.