0

Rushsoccer8
1

LED backlight will only light up in the center of keyboard?

Im fairly new here, but I know how to take apart a macbook from head to toe. My macbook had apple sauce spilled on it and some of the keys wouldn't work, so i decided to do a keyboard swap. After switching keyboards, everything is better, expect the backlight will only light up in the center near the keys RFV & UHN. Im not sure how to exactly fix it. Also is it alright to wash that clear layer under the backlight? I was never sure if I could, and that may be my problem on not of not having it correctly aligned. Thanks for the kelp everyone.

0

machead3

The swapped keyboard may have damaged/not working backlights. It is possible to dismantle and clean keyboards... care in drying reassembly is essential.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

1

SIMRAN

keyboard backlight has 3 layers to working properly. After changing the keyboard you has not put that 3 layers of paper together properly. dismantle the laptop. take out that layers. one is black in color and one the transparent plastic little bit thick and last one is white sheet of paper. make these 3 sheets together properly fitted. black sheet has to go to white transparent plastic strip . leds will fit into small holes in plastic sheet then your keyboard will lighten up properly